Are you interested in working in a village community carrying out tidying, cleaning and light maintenance work?
Sherington Parish Council is looking for a reliable, conscientious individual who would like to work flexible hours (up to 10 a week) with little supervision, helping us to keep our village looking clean, tidy and safe.
If you would like to find out more and / or express an interest in applying for the role please email:
or call Ian on 07515 621682
This position is likely to suit a local resident but all applicants will be considered.
No previous experience in a similar role is required
If you would like to be considered would you please email email@example.com with a contact phone number and home address and a couple of lines as to why you think you would be suitable for the role and why you would like to do it?
Summary of Duties
The current caretaker generally does about 6 hours a week (more in the summer) and in that time
– makes sure the 12 odd bins in the village are emptied (not the dog poo ones) when needed,
– gets the rubbish ready for collection by the bin men on a Monday,
– sweeps out and cleans the bus shelters
– picks up rubbish around the village
– cuts back foliage / brambles encroaching on public walk ways
– reports items (to me or the clerk) that need repairing or are or cold be unsafe.
on a more periodic basis :
– applies wood preserver to benches ect
– carries out small repairs and painting jobs (like the telephone box)
– will assist with raising tree canopies (no ladders involved – long handled loppers used).
– puts up public information signs
– keeps the pavilion lock up clean and tidy
– weeding to keep rain drains and run offs clear.
The hours can be worked on an agreed basis. The one time critical aspect is that the rubbish bags must be ready for collection by the bin men on a Monday morning (currently from Perry Lane).