The Parish Council is seeking an enthusiastic and organised individual to work from home for 25 – 30 hours per month flexibly, with at least one evening a month to attend Council meetings (currently 1st Tuesday of the month).
The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Have excellent communication, interpersonal and administrative skills
- Be able to grasp new concepts quickly and to work effectively under pressure
- Work on own initiative to organise own work and to meet strict deadlines
- Be IT literate with working detailed knowledge of software such as Word, Excel and Gmail/Outlook email
- Facilitate at least 11 evening meetings per year (and one Annual Parish Meeting) for Sherington Parish Council, including producing agendas (with supporting documents), minute taking and report writing
- Manage Parish Council Assets, especially Pavilion and Shop rental – including managing bookings, maintenance, invoices and payments
- Deal with correspondence, emails and follow up actions agreed by the Council with warmth and friendly responsive approach
- Knowledge of basic financial accounting to keep up-to-date accounts, prepare annual accounts and coordinate the annual audit procedure
- Liaise as required with Milton Keynes Council as well as other representative bodies/public utilities and their agencies
- Be methodical and thorough, yet flexible and adaptable
- Be trustworthy with confidential information
Salary is dependent on qualifications and experience but starting from NALC SCP15 (currently £8.87 per hour). Training will be provided as appropriate.
For an information pack including list of responsibilities, email the current clerk at Clerk@sheringtonpc.co.uk or Cllr Thatcher as detailed below.
Send a brief CV and accompanying letter setting out the reasons why you would be right for this role to:
Cllr Anita Thatcher – Vice Chair of Sherington Parish Council
50 Carters Close, Sherington, MK16 9NW
Closing date for applications is 12th November The parish council intends to interview suitable applicants during 13th – 17th November so please indicate your availability and give full contact details with your application.