Minutes of the meeting of Sherington Parish Council held on Tuesday 6th June  2017 at the Village Hall, commencing at 7.30pm

PRESENT: W Bush (Chair), Cllrs A Thatcher, Hughes, Johnstone & Shaw

ALSO ATTENDING: Cllr Hoskings & Cllr K McLean (Cllr for Olney Ward), Tracey Young (Clerk) and 12 members of the public

  ACTION
1.      RECEIVE AND ACCEPT APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE  
Cllr Caldwell and Ward Cllr P Geary  
2.      RECEIVE ANY DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST  
Cllr Thatcher declared 45 Carters Close and all remaining Cllrs mentioned the planning application for the shop.  Cllr Johnstone declared Manor Farm  
3.      APPROVE MINUTES FROM LAST MEETING – 2nd May 2017  
Signed  
4.      CO-OPT NEW COUNCILLOR  
Mike was not present.  Vice Chair Anita Thatcher signed a Declaration of Acceptance  
5.      ANY MATTERS ARISING FROM MINUTES  
Cllr Bush asked the Clerk about the dangerous bus timetable, TY advised that she had heard nothing more from MKC.  
6.      RECEIVE WARD COUNCILLORS REPORT:  
Cllr Hoskings reported on the following:

WASTE STRATEGY

That the waste strategy will go to Cabinet on the 13th June in which the public can attend

MINERALS LOCAL PLAN

This is now back from the inspection and needs some modification and then this will go back to full council to see whether this will become adopted or not.

Cllr Bush mentioned that the MK Plan draft deadline was the 9th June. TY to send to MKC

Cllr Thatcher asked Cllr McLean how the church claim their donation from MKC. This should have been paid, TY to check

Cllr Shaw asked whether the tip in Newport Pagnell was likely to close, Cllr Hoskings confirmed the tip would not close.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

TY

  • RECEIVE CLERKS REPORT
 
Nothing to report  
8.      RECEIVE REPORT FROM NEIGHBOURHOOD PLAN STEERING GROUP  
Cllr Bush recapped that the Examiner has passed the plan to go to Referendum.  MKC now need to write reports to adopt into their development plan.  We have been told that the Referendum will not take place until possibly September.  
9.      RECEIVE WORKING PARTY REPORTS AND CONSIDER MATTERS ARISING  
SHOP – Cllr Johnstone confirmed that he had wrote to the 3 suppliers regarding deliveries.

Cllr Johnstone mentioned that the request for a canopy was not allowed.  Regarding CCTV Cllr Johnstone has emailed several times with no response.

PAVILION – TY confirmed that the new sign will be replaced on the 14th June.  Cllr Johnstone asked whether anymore quotes regarding the drainage had been received as he had no response.  TY commented that she had none.

TREES – Cllr Bush requested a meeting with David Williams and anyone else interested in being on the Green Spaces Committee. Ed Shires commented that he would like to participate.

David Williams commented that 1 of the trees had been mowed down by MKC and requested this be replaced.  TY asked David to take an image of where the tree was and email it.

Cllr Bush mentioned that the Willow Trees were coming over the road and that MKC needs to tend to them.

 

  

 

 

 

 

 

 TY

10.  FINANCE  
10.1 Bank Account Balance 6th June 2017 £38,071.76  
10.2. Approve Cheques for payment

Tracey Young Pavilion Bookings £50.00
Tracey Young Clerks Salary £296.48
Tracey Young Clerks Expenses £6.00
Lee Brooker Caretakers Salary £321.44
Shoosmiths Inv 9100163493 £1262.88
Shoosmiths Inv 9100163492 £1080.00
Anglian Water Pavilion Utility Bill £241.73
Sherington Village Hall Inv 754 £13.00
TPS Inv 17520-01 £545.09
TPS Inv 16400-11 £1740.00
HMRC PAYE £287.85
A Sinfield Slabs for Village £204.42
A H Contracts Inv 9404 £105.00
MK Commercial Groundcare Inv 18891 £414.37
Zurich Insurance Renewal £1127.06
EON Pavilion Utility Bill £688.05
SGS Mowing Pavilion Field £165.60
Signarama Pavilion Sign Replacement £309.92
SLCC Membership £67.00

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

10.3 ANNUAL AUDIT  
Cllr Thatcher approved the Annual Audit prepared by the Clerk/RFO

Cllr Bush asked whether the Pre-school equipment needs to go onto the Asset list, do we own it.  Also do we need to include on our insurance

 

 

TY

11. PLANNING APPLICATIONS – CONSIDER RESPONSE TO MKC  
11.1 17/01360/FUL Manor Farm – Cllrs support.  Policies are clear.

11.2 17/01287/FUL 45 Carters Cl – Cllrs Support

11.3 17/01261/LBC Land North of the Rectory – Cllrs do not support

11.4 17/01221/FUL 14 Water Lane – Cllrs Support

11.5 17/01091/FUL 8b Church Road – No comment, conflicted

11.6 Consideration of other outstanding or recently submitted applications

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

12. EXTERNAL MEETINGS  
Cllr Shaw attended MKC Heritage Assets  
13. CONSIDER CORRESPONDENCE AND NEW CONSULTATIONS  
Cllr Bush advised that a very nice letter had been received from Richard that the permissive path way could be used by the public but dogs to be kept under control. Michael Cook added that residents were very welcome but please do not enter with dogs when sheep are present as understandably they become distressed.

Cllr Bush had prepared a response to the consultation on Plan MK.This had been circulated to Councillors.The document commented positively noting in particular that quite early on in the Vision there was reference to the importance of the rural areas in creating an attractive future city.

 
14. RECEIVE PUBLIC COMMENTS  
John asked for a donation towards the surface of the car park – Cllrs in agreement  
15. COUNCILLORS ITEMS  
Cllr Hughes mentioned the defibrillator and that the new AED case was in the archive room.  John to arrange for electrician to put on the wall.

Regarding the privacy issue from the pre-school play area; Cllr Bush suggested using the village caretaker.

Cllr Thatcher mentioned that the village caretaker install the church notice board.  Cllr Thatcher asked whether the chairs and tables could be used for the Strawberry Fayre on the 16th July.  TY to check date.

Cllr Thatcher asked whether the MK Dons had their training ground yet, Cllr McLean advised this was not decided.

Cllr Shaw suggested signage around the village to bring awareness to walks, assets etc. Cllr Shaw to liaise with Liz.

Cllr Johnstone commented that speeding in the village was still an issue and suggested some posts and rails be put up.  Cllr Johnstone to request quotes.

 

 TY

 

 

 

 

 RJ

16. DATE OF NEXT MEETING  
The next Parish Council meeting will be held at the Village Hall on Tuesday 4th July 2017 at 7.30pm. There being no further business the meeting ended at 20.40hrs.  

 

 

Meeting closed at 8.55pm