Minutes of the meeting of Sherington Parish Council held on Tuesday 5th September  2017 at the Village Hall, commencing at 7.30pm

PRESENT: W Bush (Chair), Cllrs A Thatcher, Hughes & Johnstone

ALSO ATTENDING: Cllr Geary (Cllr for Olney Ward), Tracey Young (Clerk) and 9 members of the public.

 

  ACTION
1.      RECEIVE AND ACCEPT APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE  
Cllrs Shaw and Selvey and Ward Cllrs Hoskings & Cllr McLean  
2.      RECEIVE ANY DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST  
None  
3.      APPROVE MINUTES FROM LAST MEETING – 22nd August 2017  
Signed  
4.       ANY MATTERS ARISING FROM MINUTES  
Cllr Bush commented that we had received confirmation from MKC that we would be consulted on the Locals Mineral Plan and also received communication from Lathbury asking for our views. A notification was also received from Smith Aggregates inviting residents to a pre-planning consultation event to be held in Lathbury at The Hut on the 14th September between 3-9pm. Action TY to place on website. TY
5.      RECEIVE WARD COUNCILLORS REPORT:  
Cllr Geary reported on the following:

MINERALS LOCAL PLAN

Further to Cllr Bush’s comments Cllr Geary added that it is best practice that anybody starting an application like this to communicate with communities and ask for their views. Cllr Bush asked about the issue of bunding and set back and whether these conditions had disappeared? Cllr Geary replied that only the figure of how far the setback figure was had been removed but there still should be a legitimate reason to what the setback would be.

Cllr Bush mentioned the problem with people walking by the river when the shoot is on, Cllr Geary responded that it was a very important issue as this was a pre-existing business and that the Parish must put forward their comments at the planning application stage.

PLAN MK

This is still going through and the current stage is that MKC are looking at the consultation responses that have come in.  The area east of the motorway near to Moulsoe was proposed to begin 2030 but this will be bought forward.

Cllr Bush asked when the final consultation would be and Cllr Geary responded that it would be in the autumn around October or November.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

  • RECEIVE CLERKS REPORT
 
TY confirmed that there was a vacancy for a Pavilion and a Village Caretaker  
7.      RECEIVE REPORT FROM NEIGHBOURHOOD PLAN STEERING GROUP  
Cllr Bush reported that there would be a referendum on the 21st September.  
8.      RECEIVE WORKING PARTY REPORTS AND CONSIDER MATTERS ARISING  
SHOP – Cllr Johnstone had nothing to report

PAVILION – TY advised that there was nothing further to report as all contractors were busy until 2018 and would not issue a quote other than 1 contractor. 3 quotes were required by MKC. TY confirmed that she had asked 5 contractors to quote.

Cllr Geary said he would speak to Liz Gifford at MKC to try and help.  TY to give Cllr Geary all the details of contractors that were asked to tender and copy Cllr Hoskins and Cllr McLean

BIODIVERSITY – Cllr Bush confirmed that this was a project that the Parish would like to go ahead with in the autumn to maintain and enhance what we have such as assets, trees, stonepit copse and hedgerows etc.  A meeting will be arranged in the Autumn.

Cllr Geary advised that Bucks County Council offer advice and surveys and would find the details.

 

  

 

 

 

WB

 PG

9.      FINANCE  
9.1 Bank Account Balance 5th September 2017 £31,931.98  
9.2. Approve Cheques for payment

 

Tracey Young Clerks Salary 29hrs + hol pay 2016  £  665.54
Tracey Young Pavilion Bookings  £    50.00
Tracey Young Clerks Expenses  £    16.72
Lee Brooker Caretakers Salary 27.42hrs + hol pay 2016  £  435.36
MK Commerical Groundcare Inv 8893 from July  £  414.37
Notice Board Company Notice board for church  £  814.80
Reform Fire ltd Fire checks at Pavilion Inv 16439  £    30.00
Pitchcare Paint for pitch Inv 427806  £  141.60
MK Pulse Magazine Advert for NP  £  186.00
SCAN Advert in Scan, inv 3026  £    35.00
Printing & Mailing Co Inv 16868 advert NP  £  192.00
Printing & Mailing Co Inv 16859 advert NP  £  355.10
Printing & Mailing Co Inv 16860 advert NP  £  225.00
Printing & Mailing Co Inv 16864 advert NP  £  296.45
Printing & Mailing Co Inv 16865 advert NP  £  148.40
A H Contracts Inv 9582 Dog Bins  £    84.00
Eon Electric bill  £  198.46
Duncan Sands AED  £  162.00
SGS Inv 04824 mowing rec ground  £  165.60

 

Cllr Thatcher asked Cllr Geary whether expenses could be claimed back from the NP.  Cllr Geary confirmed receipts need to be retained and suggested contacting Pam Loose

 

 

  

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

WB/AT

10. PLANNING APPLICATIONS – CONSIDER RESPONSE TO MKC  
10.1 Consideration of other outstanding or recently submitted applications

Cllr Bush received an application to fell 1 sycamore and 1 ash at the Manor in the High Street.  The trees were in the conservation area.  Cllr Geary advised that if you were looking to take a tree down just because you wanted to then you had the right to apply, if dead or dangerous then you have a 5 day period to take it down.

Cllr Bush commented that there was a lack of mature trees within the parish and that a TPO should be placed on the trees.  Cllr suggested Cllr Bush to contact Bob Widd before commenting.

 

  

 

 

WB

11. EXTERNAL MEETINGS  
Cllr Geary advised that the Olney Ward Forum would be later in the month.  Cllr Bush confirmed that there would be an Open Surgery on the 9th September between 10-12am.  
12. CONSIDER CORRESPONDENCE AND NEW CONSULTATIONS  
Cllr Bush reported that there was a consultation whether the local authority should move to CIL from Section 106.  Parishes should be getting a share of 106 agreements and be involved in the structuring.  Cllr Geary advised that it happened historically and that things like play areas, playing fields, burial grounds, village halls etc were 25% justifiable and parishes should get more. WB
13. RECEIVE PUBLIC COMMENTS  
John Cook asked for help from the Council to do something with regards to the flooding in the High Street.  John added that the pipe flowing down the High St has a grid over it therefore the rubbish that comes down gets blocked.  Cllr Geary commented that the grid needs to be vertical and not sitting at 45 degrees.  Cllr Geary confirmed that he would go out with John within the next 2 weeks and take a look and aim to get someone out.

Cllr Bush added that the roots from the willow trees go into the same ditch and the bows are massive and are very dangerous.

Duncan Clarke asked about the landscaper, TY confirmed that there were so many complaints regarding the landscaper that she had to let them go and the last cut was mid August but a new landscaper was found and due to start 5th September.

 

PG

 

 WB

14. COUNCILLORS ITEMS  
Cllr Hughes asked whether the defibrillator was now in the case. Action TY this week.

Cllr Thatcher gave her apologies for the next PC meeting.

Cllr Johnstone confirmed that the SIDS have been up again and information was going through

TY

 

 

 

15. DATE OF NEXT MEETING  
The next Parish Council meeting will be held at the Village Hall on Tuesday 3rd October 2017 at 7.30pm. There being no further business the meeting ended at 2100hrs.  

 

 

Meeting closed at 8.55pm