Minutes of the meeting of Sherington Parish Council held on Tuesday 4th July  2017 at the Village Hall, commencing at 7.30pm

PRESENT: W Bush (Chair), Cllrs A Thatcher, Hughes, Johnstone, Caldwell, Shaw & Selvey

ALSO ATTENDING: Cllr Geary (Cllr for Olney Ward), Tracey Young (Clerk) and 15 members of the public.

  ACTION
1.      RECEIVE AND ACCEPT APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE  
Cllr Hoskings & Cllr McLean  
2.      RECEIVE ANY DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST  
None  
3.      APPROVE MINUTES FROM LAST MEETING – 6th June 2017  
Signed  
4.       ANY MATTERS ARISING FROM MINUTES  
Cllr Bush commented that at the last meeting we wanted to co-opt a new Councillor but unfortunately due to diary miscommunication this did not happen however Mike Selvey is here today to be co-opted.  Mike signed a Declaration of Acceptance.  
5.      RECEIVE WARD COUNCILLORS REPORT:  
Cllr Geary reported on the following:

WASTE STRATEGY

Has gone through and there will be no £33 charge for green bins, also the tip in Newport Pagnell will remain open in the short term.

MINERALS LOCAL PLAN

This is now been agreed by the Council therefore the main issue people will be seeing is the planning application along Northampton Road that may affect Sherington. The facility for the sifting of the minerals could potentially be closest to Sherington. The traffic route for minerals leaving the site will cause traffic problems by Sherington Bridge and the Chicheley Hill area. Cllr Geary added that policies on bunding and set back distances had been taken out. Cllr Bush asked about noise and dust which Cllr Geary mentioned that should not be a problem.

Cllr Geary added that Richard Crook sadly passed away recently.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

  • RECEIVE CLERKS REPORT
 
TY confirmed that the Audit had been sent to Mazars and that she had reported the willow trees to MKC but had received no response  
7.      RECEIVE REPORT FROM NEIGHBOURHOOD PLAN STEERING GROUP  
Cllr Bush recapped that the Examiner has passed the plan to go to Referendum.  We are still waiting on MKC to write their report. We have been told that the Referendum will not take place until possibly September.

Next step is to arrange an NPSG meeting this month to discuss communications.

 
8.      RECEIVE WORKING PARTY REPORTS AND CONSIDER MATTERS ARISING  
SHOP – Cllr Johnstone confirmed that the shop is allowed to stay in its present form but the intention is to replace with a permanent structure. There has still been no response with regard to the CCTV.

PAVILION – Cllr Bush commented that the Clerk requires help with regards to the car park.  Cllr Johnstone has a quote from Mr Martin to clear the ditch. TY commented that she had a quote from BR Builders.  Cllr Bush added that Duncan Clarke would be happy to offer his expertise.

TY to contact Duncan Clarke and from that to get 3 quotations from contractors.

Cllr Bush asked whether we could go ahead with the ditch ASAP and it was agreed that any quote for the ditch above £2000 would have to be approved. Cllr Johnstone added that we should asked Duncan how deep the ditch needs to be.

Recreation Ground – Cllr Bush mentioned that he had a meeting with Mr Cook and Mr Shires regarding the lease for the recreation ground and that there was a desire to amend.  There was a suggestion that the rent would be increased.  Cllr Hughes to draft a letter to be sent to Mr Cook & Mr Shires.

GREEN SPACES – Cllr Shaw suggested an idea due to the lack of use for Stonepits Copse and with help from the Historical Society Heritage and Parks Trust mentioned a circular walk with posts, arrows and signage sending visitors around the village.  Cllrs liked the idea and suggested starting at the Knoll and Cllr Hughes mentioned that it could be linked to an App. Cllr Bush also suggested a plinth at Stonepit Copse.  Cllr Shaw to obtain quotations.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 AH/ TY

9.      FINANCE  
9.1 Bank Account Balance 3rd July 2017 £36,450.33  
9.2. Approve Cheques for payment

Tracey Young Pavilion Bookings £50.00
Tracey Young Clerks Salary £259.63
Tracey Young Clerks Expenses £10.50
Lee Brooker Caretakers Salary £336.00
A H Contracts Inv 9464 £84.00
MK Commercial Groundcare Inv 18892 Landscaping £414.37
MK Play Association May Invoice 164073 £600.00
MK Play Association June Invoice 164844 £600.00
SGS Inv 04747 £165.60
Sherington Village Hall Inv 767 £13.00
Pitchcare Paint & Weedkiller £135.12
Brinnicks Key Guard for Pavilion £39.95

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

10. PLANNING APPLICATIONS – CONSIDER RESPONSE TO MKC  
10.1 Consideration of other outstanding or recently submitted applications

Cllr Bush mentioned that there were no applications at the time of publishing the agenda but TY received an application after the agenda was published which was application reference 17/01690/FUL – 2 School Lane for the installation of 2 roof lights to rear roof.  Cllrs supported the application.

 

 

 

11. EXTERNAL MEETINGS  
Cllr Shaw attended a meeting to discuss the East West Expressway and reported the following:

It’s not a motorway – a few, well-placed junctions and two lanes as per the A5 running through Milton Keynes supplemented with lots of ‘smart’ signage and variable speed limits as per the current 4 lane smart motorway sections of the M1. To date very high level feasibility studies have been carried out to ascertain whether there is an economic case to improve the road connectivity between Oxford and Cambridge, alongside the proposed rail link. The broad answer is yes there is an economic case, which will also not harm the east-west rail link.  At a very high level, the route will connect the M40 at Oxford with the M11 at Cambridge via the A34, A421 and A428. It will intersect the M1 at Milton Keynes junction 13 and also intersect HS2

A large section of new road is required between the A34 and A421 to reliably connect Oxford to Milton Keynes. Three routes for this new section are presently on the table but may change:

Option A: Oxford —> Buckingham—>West MK Option

B: Oxford—> Line of East-West Rail link—>South MK Option

C: Oxford—>Aylesbury—>South-east MK

The current view of Highways England is that fixed route options will go to public consultation in 2019 for a project completion in 2025-2030. Existing sections of the A34, A421 and A428 will be upgraded to expressway quality.

At present, the government have only pledged £27M to support the research and development of the idea. The cost of works is estimated to be in the region of £5-6bn and will represent one of the largest new road builds for 40 years.

Additional benefits? Two new business parks en route from Oxford to Cambridge and redirection of a substantial volume of traffic from the M5, M11 and A14 will economic benefits to surrounding areas – although the increased traffic fallout, especially as the route skirts the south/south-east edge of Milton Keynes, is naturally of great concern to local councillors in these areas. The route must also integrate with Plan:mk’s vision for the south/south-west of Milton Keynes and Bletchley. It was highlighted that the Ipswich to Bristol freight route would heavily utilise this route.

Cllr Thatcher attend the Parish Forum and there was mention of setting the precept for over 3 years. Cllr Thatcher also attended Speed Watch.

 
12. CONSIDER CORRESPONDENCE AND NEW CONSULTATIONS  
 Cllr Bush asked for an update on the gates going into the village to prevent speeding, Cllr Johnstone advised that he had received a quote for £400.  
13. RECEIVE PUBLIC COMMENTS  
1 member of public mentioned that there was a planning application for her property on Water Lane, just making the Parish aware.

A member of public asked the Parish if they knew why the Arco barriers had been put in along the bypass.  Cllr Bush commented that this was highways at MKC and Cllr Geary advised the best person to ask was Tom Blackburne-Maze.  TY to contact.

The cars parked along Perry Lane causing damage to the road and paths was also mentioned along with overhanging hedgerows and vegetation. Cllr Geary suggested knocking on resident doors and asking them to attend to their vegetation.

 

 

 

TY

14. COUNCILLORS ITEMS  
Cllr Thatcher reported that we need to find a way of communicating to the over 7yr olds that they should not be using the play area equipment.  TY suggested a Community Police Officer which Cllr Thatcher advised she had already spoken to them.  TY to write to the Youth Club.

Cllr Thatcher approved the Clerks pay rise.

 

 

 

 

15. DATE OF NEXT MEETING  
The next Parish Council meeting will be held at the Village Hall on Tuesday 5th September 2017 at 7.30pm. There being no further business the meeting ended at 2100hrs.  

 

Meeting closed at 9.00pm