The votes have been counted and the village has spoken.
The answer is a resounding YES!
The turnout for voting on the neighbourhood plan was a healthy
49% (404 votes cast).
392 YES 12 NO
For the official document please see the link below.
This result means that the Neighbourhood Plan will be used to help determine planning applications from now until 2031.
The village will have its voice heard – thank you to all those that took the time to come out in support of the plan.
The referendum to vote on the Sherington Neighbourhood Plan has been set for 21st September. The polling station will be stationed in the village hall all day. If invited to vote please come out and use your voice to support the Plan.
The Plan has now been through examination and we are just making the amends suggested by the Independent Examiner.
All the documentation for the recent public meeting can be viewed here or below as individual links.
Once the amendments have been made we will be setting a referendum date to enable the village to finally show support for the NP, by voting it into planning law.
Neighbourhood Plan – Documents
- Documents produced by the Steering Group will be made available here
Statements for Sherington Neighbourhood Examination
- Sherington Parish Council examination-statement
- Statement from Milton Keynes Council
- Statement from David Lock Associates
- SEDLESCOMBE NP example – David Lock Associates 2
- Ecological Assessment – David Lock Associates 3
Clarification in response to Examiners questions;
- Submitted plan
- Consultation Statement
- Basic Conditions Statement
- Neighbourhood Plan Area Map
- NP Regulation
- Draft Policies as at 26 October 2015
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- February 2017
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- July 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
Survey Results – Drop-in Session – 5 September 2015
- Survey – Introduction
- Survey – Analysis
- Survey Results 1 – About You
- Survey Results 2 – Shared Vision
- Survey Results 3 – Infrastructure
- Survey Results 4 – Businesses
- Survey Results 5 – Transport
- Survey Results 6 – Treasures and Assets
- Survey Results 7 – Housing
- Survey Results 8 – Other comments
- Survey – Maps
- Steering Group Members
- Newport Pagnell Neighbourhood Plan – Extract
- Feedback Status
- Survey form (PowerPoint file)
Displays – February Open Day in Village Hall
- 1973 Plan
- 1983 Plan
- 2004 Village Appraisal
- Site Allocations Plan – Housing
- Village Scenes
- Gantt Chart/Grant from 24 August meeting
- Slides – Kick off meeting 3