SHERINGTON PARISH COUNCIL

Minutes of the meeting of Sherington Parish Council held on Tuesday 4th December 2018, at the Pavilion, commencing at 7.30pm

PRESENT: Cllrs Watts (Chair), Shires and Selvey, Parish Clerk Will Pike.

ALSO ATTENDING: Ward Councillor Geary and 9 members of the public.

  1. RECEIVE AND ACCEPT APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE

Cllr Bush – Accepted.

  • RECEIVE ANY DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST

None

  • APPROVE MINUTES FROM LAST MEETING

Approved and signed by Cllr Watts.

  • RECEIVE WARD COUNCILLORS REPORT

Ward Councillor Geary mentioned the following:

The issues surrounding ditch grates and responsibility for them was close to being resolved.

Speeding around villages is to be investigated further.

The land at Junction 14 was again mentioned. Now at the stage of looking at designs for the potential 5000 houses. It was mentioned that there is potential for development to come within 500 meters of the village.

Speeding was mentioned again along with possible reduction methods. It was agreed by the Council to revisit this in the new year and Ward Cllr Geary gave Debbie Taylor-Bond as the person to contact within MK Council.

  • RECEIVE REPORT ON ACTIONS FROM LAST MEETING

The issue of work commencing earlier than allowed was again bought up along with the issue of lorries ‘queuing’ along the High Street prior to the site opening. Cllr Watts mentioned he already had a complaint in with MK Council regarding the issue and agreed to take it forward.

WP confirmed the bank mandate was in the process of being updated but that the process can be lengthy, especially with the amount of changes requested. Ward Cllr Geary mentioned that any changes to the mandate itself (excluding the updating of signatories) would have to be reflected in the Councils Standing Orders and this was noted for future reference.

WP confirmed there was no movement on the Landscaping Fund allocation whilst the joint proposal was being looked it in more detail.

  • CLERKS REPORT

WP mentioned the following:

The website is still going through a transfer process which will be completed shortly. Cllr Watts agreed to help with content updating etc once the hosting and site was fully under the Council’s control.

Correspondence had been received regarding the Barwood Homes site and the issues mentioned above.

That the White Hart pub had been nominated for ‘Parlimentary Pub of the Year’ by Local MP Mark Lancaster.

  • PROJECT GROUP UPDATES

SHOP:

No update was given – the next meeting is due to be held in January.

PAVILION:

Several maintenance issues were raised by Sandra, the Pavilion Caretaker to be looked at in more detail.

WP also mentioned that P.A.T. Testing will need to be done soon. Cllr Selvey will look at the issues and WP will liaise with Jim, the Village Caretaker, to see if any smaller issues can be sorted by him.

BIODIVERSITY:

It was agreed to hold a meeting in either the Village Hall or the Pavilion to showcase what has been done so far and what the next steps will be. Cllr Shires agreed to take this project forward.

  • CARETAKERS REPORT

Jim had been cleaning around the village as usual. No further update was given due to the short period from the last meeting.

As above it was agreed that WP will contact him in the new year to discuss what other jobs he would be happy to do around the village specifically regarding maintenance.

  • FINANCE

Current Account Balance: £2,646.16

Savings Account Balance: £45,023.67

Cheques Due for Payment: £4,101.80

Total therefore being held is £43,568.03

All cheques were approved for payment.

  1. PLANNING APPLICATIONS

None.

CONSIDERATION OF OTHER OUTSTANDING OR RECENTLY SUBMITTED APPLICATIONS

None.

  1. CONSIDER CORRESPONDENCE AND NEW CONSULTATIONS

None.

  1. EXTERNAL MEETINGS

Olney Ward Forum Meeting to take place on 5th December 2018.

  1. RECEIVE PUBLIC COMMENTS

The possibility of ANPR cameras in the village was raised. Ward Cllr Geary confirmed that it was being looked at but that MK Council were currently recruiting someone to fill that role.

It was mentioned that two of the street lights on Church Road had not been working for sometime. Cllr Watts agreed to log reports with MK Council and then send on the reference numbers to the Ward Councillors for them to chase.

  1. COUNCILLORS ITEMS

None.

  1. DATE OF NEXT MEETING

The next meeting will be held on Tuesday 8th January 2019 at 7.30pm at the Pavilion.

                At this point the Council were thanked for the work they had put in over the previous year by the public.

                The meeting was bought to a close at 8.05pm.