Draft Minutes of the meeting of Sherington Parish Council held on Tuesday 5th June 2018, at the Pavilion, commencing at 7.30pm.

PRESENT: Cllrs Bush (chair), Thatcher, Hughes & Selvey, Parish Clerk Will Pike.

ALSO ATTENDING: 11 members of the public and Ward Councillor McClean

  ACTION
1.    RECEIVE AND ACCEPT APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE  
Cllrs Johnstone & Shaw – All apologies accepted.  
2.    RECEIVE ANY DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST  
Cllr Bush declared that his planning application had been submitted and would be discussed later in the meeting.  
3.    WELCOME WLL PIKE, NEW PARISH CLERK & RFO.  
Cllr Bush introduced Will Pike as the new Parish Clerk and RFO. A warm welcome was received from everyone.  
4.    APPROVE MINUTES FROM LAST MEETING  
Approved and signed by Cllr Bush.  
5.    RECEIVE WARD COUNCILLORS REPORT  
Clr MclLean gave the report on behalf of the Ward Cllrs.

Confirmed the Re-election of Cllr Peter Geary.

Confirmed the current make up of MK Council as 24 Conservative, 21 Labour and 12 Liberal Democrat Cllrs. Confirmed that Labour and the Liberal Democrats are running the Council with an ‘Enhanced Partnership.’

Confirmed the agenda for the next Olney Ward Forum meeting would include the following items of interest for the Parish Councils:

1.    The role of Parish Councils in the planning process.

2.    HIF and how they will shape the future of the MK 2031 Plan.

Confirmed that the Planning Application from Lathbury Minerals (dated 21/12/17) had now been validated. Cllr Bush confirmed that he would collate any information regarding the application and supply to Will Pike to send to MKC.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

WB/WP

6.    RECEIVE REPORT ON ACTION FROM LAST MEETING  
Cllr Bush was happy to confirm that the Clerk’s role had now been taken up by Will Pike solving many of the issues raised at the last meeting.

All other items were confirmed as being on the meeting’s agenda.

 
  1. RECEIVE CLERKS REPORT
 
Will Pike apologised for the brief report due to having only been in the role for a week but raised the following points:

·  Shop Deliveries – Will Pike had received several items of correspondence relating to anti-social delivery times at the village shop. It was decided after discussions to review all aspects of the deliveries and that Will Pike would engage with all sides to try to achieve a satisfactory outcome. This will include checking all planning conditions imposed on the building, checking the role of Sherington Parish Council as Landlords as well as gathering further evidence from members of the public affected.

·  Will Pike asked for confirmation that No Smoking signs could be purchased and placed in the Bus Shelter at the Knoll. Confirmation was given and Will Pike agreed to sort.

· Will Pike agreed to make sure that a Cllr would attend the above referenced Olney Ward Forum meeting.

 

 

 

WP

 

WP

 

WP

8.    PROJECT GROUP UPDATES  
8.1 Pavilion

Cllr Bush thanked Cllr Selvey for the work he had done in getting the Car Park sorted.

Cllr Selvey confirmed that the final part of work to reinstate the fencing was to be completed in the following week.

8.2 Shop

Cllr Bush confirmed that no progress had been made as the Council was still awaiting to hear back from the surveyors. Cllr Bush will chase them up.

8.3 Biodiversity

Cllr Bush conveyed Cllr Shaw’s apologies for not being able to attend. In his absence David Williams gave a brief summary of current status of the project.

The main points raised included the possibility of making the public more aware of the ongoing project either through signage or advertising, the upcoming start of the hay making season and the need to sort the scythe mower prior to this and the work that had been done to identify various trees going around the Parish and the possibility of placing TPO’s on the most valuable.

It was agreed that Cllr Bush would confirm with Zurich, the insurance company, any implications of the scythe mower and its use by Jim.

Will Pike agreed to collate the results of the Tree Survey and any current TPO’s in place.

Cllr Bush agreed to contact Bob Wyde (sp.) for further information.

It was confirmed that the wait for the environmental survey was ongoing.

The possibility of an Open Day in the Autumn was mooted.

 

 

 

WB

 

 

 

 

 

 

RJ

 

 

 

WB

WP

WB

 

9.    VILLAGE CARETAKER REPORT  
Cllr Thatcher reported that Jim needs to be consulted on spraying materials that would be needed in the upcoming weeks / months.

It was also noted that Marcus Young had been asked to empty the waste bins as well as the dog bins in order to free up Jim to do more maintenance work. The phone box was confirmed as having been repainted but we need to find out how to finally purchase it from BT. Will Pike agreed to chase this with BT.

 

WP/AT

WP

10. FINANCE  
10.1 Review Monthly Balances

Savings Account: £52,719.97

Current Account: £700.51

Monthly Outgoings to be Paid: £4,148.23

10.2 Approve cheques for payment

All Cheques were approved for payment as well as the following last-minute expenses:

New Hoover £69.99

David Williams for ongoing Biodiversity work £84.47

Milton Keynes Council £288.00

10.3 Update on new finance system

Will Pike proposed that the finance system be moved to Xero – all agreed.

Will Pike will move forward with this over the coming months and will use the 1st April 2018 as the starting point

10.4 Plan for audit

Will Pike confirmed that PKF will conduct the external audit but we will need to appoint internal auditors prior to this. Will Pike and Cllr Thatcher agreed to find internal auditors.

It was also agreed to transfer £500 from the general maintenance budget in order to sort the fencing out around the Pavilion car park.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

WP

 

 

WP/AT

11. PLANNING APPLICATIONS – CONSIDER RESPONSE TO MKC  
10.1 Update on status of High Street, West, (reserved matters)

Cllr Bush advised that new drawings had been submitted specifically relating to the gates being proposed and to the end landscaping arrangements.

It was proposed that Cllr Shaw engage our Consultants in order to see how the proposed landscaping would fit in with the ongoing biodiversity project.

Cllr Hughes also mentioned that the advertising signage that had been erected was blocking the view of farm vehicles turning on to the High Street, Will Pike agreed to take the matter up with Barwood Homes and then with Highways if no response was forthcoming.

10.2 Barn on Gun Lane

Cllr Bush confirmed that the original plan had not been implemented and that the building was being treated as a conversion/extension rather than a new dwelling.

It was confirmed that the planning officer is expected to support the application.

Cllr Bush proposed that SPC will not support and will request that it goes to DCC. All were in agreement.

10.3 High Street East (site opposite)

Ward Councillor McLean confirmed that this had been added to the DCC agenda to be discussed on 21st June 2018.

It was agreed that representation will be needed and Cllr Bush confirmed that he would attend and would speak. Will Pike will submit a request regarding this.

There followed some discussions regarding the Neighbourhood Plan and its relationship with recent planning applications and the weight it holds.

10.4 Cllr Bush – Sherington House

Cllr Thatcher took the Chair.

Cllr Bush confirmed his planning application had been submitted and gave a brief explanation a to the work being carried out.

Ward Cllr McLean was asked if approving this, or similar, applications would create a precedent for future applications and responded that each application was reviewed on merit and not by what had gone before.

Cllr Thatcher proposed that the Council respond with ‘No Adverse Comment’ and Will Pike agreed to submit to MKC

10.5 Lathbury Minerals

It was agreed this application would need to be looked at in more detail prior to the next meeting

 

 

 

 

 

 

SS

 

 

 

WP

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

MS/WP

 

WP

 

ALL

12. CONSIDER CORRESPONDENCE AND NEW CONSULTATIONS  
Nothing was raised.  
13. EXTERNAL MEETINGS  
Cllr Bush attended a meeting regarding the National Planning Policy Framework and mentioned especially that it will be harder going forward to prove that 5 year housing and land supplies are at acceptable levels in relation to planning applications.

It was mentioned that there may be a need to refresh the Neighbourhood Plan because of this.

No new Neighbourhood Plan could be implemented without a Referendum but no Referendum could be held without material change to the Plan.

Cllr Bush agreed to call a meeting of the NPSG in September.

Cllr Thatcher attended a meeting of the NAG and reported back about the Rural Crime Partnership and the ongoing Speedwatch initiatives.

 

 

 

 

 

 

WB

13. RECEIVE PUBLIC COMMENTS RJ
· The issue of the flooding ditches was again raised. Ward Cllr Geary was to look into this but Will Pike will email to chase regarding the grid on the storm drains to keep them clean and free flowing.

·  Questions were raised regarding the defibrillator and whether it was ready for use and that a 999 call handler would have access to the codes. Will Pike agreed to chase this up and see about the possibility of further training for villagers.

·   The issue of potholes in the village was raised and Will Pike agreed to chase Highways with regard to any timeframe for repairs to be made.

·    The Shop was raised again in relation to the proposed ‘Village Hub.’ It was restated that these plans are at an early stage and require significant survey work before any decisions could be made. It was also restated that it will be the Council’s decision once surveys and plans had been prepared but that public input will always be accepted. It was restated the Cllr Johnstone is the main point of contact relating to this.

·         Ward Cllr McLean stated that mapping should be found at MKC Portal in relation to matters discussed regarding TPO’s.

 

 

WP

 

 

WP

 

WP

14. COUNCILLORS ITEMS  
Cllr Hughes again mentioned the difficulty created for Farm Vehicles turning onto the High Street as discussed at 10.1  
15. DATE OF NEXT MEETING  
The next Parish Council meeting will be held at the Sherington Pavilion on Tuesday 3rd July at 7.30pm. There being no further business the meeting ended.