PC MINUTES FROM 19th DECEMBER 2017 

Minutes of the meeting of Sherington Parish Council held on Tuesday, 19th December 2017 at the Pavilion, commencing at 7.30pm.

PRESENT:    W Bush (Chair), Cllrs Thatcher, Selvey, Shaw and Hughes

ALSO ATTENDING:  Cllr McLean (Ward Councillor) and 5 members of the public

  1. RECEIVE AND ACCEPT APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE

Cllr Johnstone.

  1. RECEIVE ANY DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST

None.

  1. APPROVE MINUTES FROM LAST MEETING – 7th November 2017

The minutes were approved, with manuscript edits made and signed by Cllr Bush.

  1. RECEIVE WARD COUNCILLORS REPORT

Cllr McLean reported on the following matters

  1. Cllrs Geary and Hoskins sent their apologies for absence.
  2. Plan MK – MK Council will be filing their report by 5pm on 20th December 2017.
  3. A509 – problems regarding this have been reported to the relevant authority.
  4. MKC budget is now out and the PC should send in their report by the end of January 2018.
  5. Grit bins – requests for bins to be refilled should be sent to the Highways Dept.
  6. The report that bus no. 33 is to be taken out of the timetable is now with Mark Lancaster, MP, to contest this matter.
  7. Cllrs McLean, Geary and Hoskins will be available to contact over the Christmas period in the event of emergencies.
  8. After a question from Mr David Williams, it was reported that the Plan MK comments would be available to read on the portal.
  1. PLAN MK

Cllr Bush advised that the Parish Council’s comments had been submitted and would be available on the website.

ACTION : AT

  1. LATHBURY MINERALS SITE

 Cllr Bush reported that James Gardner still had concerns regarding the minerals site and has asked that the Parish Council make a site visit – agreed by all councillors. ACTION : SS

7.1       BIODIVERSITY

Cllr Shaw recommended that we engage the professional service of Ecology by Design to help with mapping, grant applications etc.  – agreed by all councillors. ACTION : SS

7.2       ALLOCATED SITES UPDATE

Nothing to report.

7.3       VILLAGE SHOP UPDATE

Cllr Thatcher said that there was money in the budget to fund the drawing up of plans.  Cllr Johnstone is to arrange a meeting of the Shop Subcommittee. ACTION : RJ

  1. PAVILION

8.1       Rent negotiation

Cllr Hughes is to contact and engage Tom Birks at Brown & Co,  Banbury (recommended by Cllr Geary) in order to obtain an independent rental valuation of the sports ground to enable this matter to proceed further. ACTION : AH

8.2       Car park and drainage work

It was reported that the drainage works still had not been started due to the inability to obtain three quotes for the work.  It was agreed that another attempt at securing quotes would be made. ACTION : MS

8.3       Recruitment of caretaker

 Cllr Shaw said that he would arrange to meet with a candidate for the job who lives in Perry Lane. ACTION : SS

  1. VILLAGE CARETAKER

Cllr Thatcher reported that new equipment was required: tools for hedge clearing, 4-wheel trolley, brooms and shovel.  It was agreed that up to £500 could be spent on this equipment.  It was also reported that the broken kerb stone in Hill View/Perry Lane had not yet been fixed and it had been caused by local residents parking on the pavement. ACTION : AT

  1. FINANCE

10.1     Cllr Thatcher read out the monthly balances.

10.2     All cheques to be signed were approved. 

  1. PLANNING APPLICATIONS

11.1     17/01260/FUL – erection of 7 Alms Houses – the Parish Council had now been notified of this appeal.  Cllr Bush will liaise with Chris Akrill and Shoosmiths.  The PC appeal submission to be submitted by 12th January 2018. ACTION : WB

11.2     17/03119/FUL – conversion of the barn in Gun Lane – Cllr Bush reported that this application would not be supported by the Parish Council but it had been too late for the Parish Council to comment but individual comments had been sent in.  Cllr McLean said that the application for the extension was likely to be granted.  Cllr Bush to notify/comment to MKC. ACTION : WB

11.3     17/00037/REF – land south of 7 Bedford Road – Cllr McLean reported that this was to  be in the form of a public enquiry, possibly taking 3 days.  It was agreed that the Parish Council would seek professional advice from Shoosmiths and Chris Akrill to help with submitting our comments to the planning inspector. ACTION : WB & SS

  1. CONSIDER CORRESPONDENCE & NEW CONSULTATIONS

Cllr Thatcher said the Parish Council had been asked to attend the MK Budget Submissions meetings to be held on 10th and 24th January 2018.

It was reported that there was a Parish Forum meeting on 21st December 2017 –  Cllr Selvey said he would attend. ACTION : MS 

 

 

 

 

  1. PUBLIC COMMENTS

 

A member of the public asked if the Parish Council would be attending the Bedford Road appeal (public enquiry).  Cllr Bush reported that the Parish Council would be represented and our submissions made possibly by a barrister.

 

ACTION : WB

 

 

  1. COUNCILLORS ITEMS

 

Cllr Thatcher went through the proposed budget for the coming financial year and various amendments were made, it was reported that there would be a .89% increase in our precept.

 

ACTION : AT

 

  1. DATE OF NEXT MEETING

 

Tuesday, 2nd January 2018 at 7.30pm.

 

 

THE MEETING OPEN TO THE GENERAL PUBLIC CLOSED AT 9pm

 

 

  1. CONFIDENTIAL PARISH COUNCIL BUSINESS

 

The various candidates for the role of Parish Clerk were discussed and it was agreed that Cllr Shaw would contact two of the most favoured candidates to arrange interviews during the week of 15th January 2018.

 

ACTION : SS

 

 

 

There being no further business the meeting closed at 9.45pm.