Minutes of the meeting of Sherington Parish Council held on Tuesday 22nd August  2017 at the Village Hall, commencing at 7.30pm

PRESENT: W Bush (Chair), Cllrs A Thatcher, Hughes & Selvey

ALSO ATTENDING: Tracey Young (Clerk) and 2 members of the public.

  ACTION
1.      RECEIVE AND ACCEPT APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE  
Cllr Johnstone & Shaw. Cllr Bush advised that Cllr Caldwell had resigned.  
2.      RECEIVE ANY DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST  
None  
3.      APPROVE MINUTES FROM LAST MEETING – 4th July 2017  
Signed.  
4.       ANY MATTERS ARISING FROM MINUTES  
Cllr Bush reported that MKC approved the Minerals Local Plan for the Borough, this does not mean that the detail of the site at Lathbury is confirmed and there will be a planning application coming through. This is not within our Parish therefore MKC may not consult us on this but we will send an email to Brett Leahy (Head of Planning) pointing out that there is a lot of local interest and we would like to be consulted.

Cllr Bush added that he had been approached by Jim Gardiner regarding his concern for his business and so he is very keen that the Parish are involved in looking at the details of planning, in particular there was a lot of people walking around by the river and obviously his customers did not want to shoot in that direction.  This issue to be added to the email to Brett Leahy. Cllr Bush mentioned that he had received an email from a resident asking whether Lathbury PC had raised a legal objection to the Lathbury site and if so what was it?

Cllr Thatcher bought up the subject of the Willow Trees and that MKC responded that there was no issue.  TY to contact Kay at MKC for a contact.

 

 

 

 

 

 

TY

5.      RECEIVE WORKING PARTY REPORTS AND CONSIDER MATTERS ARISING  
SHOP – nothing to report

PAVILION – TY advised that she was in receipt of 1 quote and had chased other contractors on a few occasions but with no response.

Cllr Thatcher asked whether any contact had been made regarding the lease.  TY advised that Cllr Hughes had drafted a letter which was sent but no response was received.

GREEN SPACES – Cllr Bush asked for this to be changed to Biodiversity as Green Spaces had created a lot of controversy and that the Parish are trying to make the village a warm and dynamic place for wildlife. Cllr Bush suggested getting a plan together and a subcommittee at the next PC meeting.

 

 

TY

 

6.      FINANCE  
6.1 Bank Account Balance 22nd August 2017 £35,822.78  
6.2. Approve Cheques for payment

Sherington Village Hall Inv 797 £13.00
Sports Ground Services Inv 04785 £165.60
Phonebox Magazine Inv 2017-9-04716 £180.00

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

7. PLANNING APPLICATIONS – CONSIDER RESPONSE TO MKC  
7.1 17/02021/CLUP 15 Carter Close – Certificate of lawfulness for the proposed single storey side extension. No adverse comments officer determined.

7.2 17/01882/FUL 29 Perry Lane – Single storey rear extension and 1st floor extension to enlarge bedroom. No adverse comments officer determined

7.3 17/02153/OUT Hazelmead Farm – Demolition of existing buildings/structures and erection of up to 30 dwellings. This is a re-submitted application. The Parish do not support because it is in an unsustainable location with 2 recent appeals that had been turned down ref 315 2083 and 315 2055 also the application is outside the settlement boundary.

7.4 Consideration of other outstanding or recently submitted applications.  Cllr Thatcher added that 23 High St 17/01708/FUL was being supported by direct neighbours.  Parish in support of the application. Cllr Thatcher added the application in Water Lane is to remove conditions, Parish do not object.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

8. EXTERNAL MEETINGS  
None  
9. CONSIDER CORRESPONDENCE AND NEW CONSULTATIONS  
9.1 New Landscaper (contract to sign) TY reported that due to the multiple complaints regarding the current landscaper that she had gone out to re-tender.  Another landscaper had been found and once they had received the signed contract then a start date will be advised. The last cut was the 11th August with the current contractor therefore TY would advise the new landscaper to start ASAP. TY
10. RECEIVE PUBLIC COMMENTS  
Steve Kennedy commented that all the post boxes had been painted and that the phone box to be painted.  
11. COUNCILLORS ITEMS  
Cllr Selvey expressed concern over the parking at Crofts End and that the section of road should have double yellow lines, also the piece of land owned by MKC should be made into parking. Cllr Thatcher suggested talking to Cllr Geary.  Cllr Bush added that we were approached by MK housing asking us our comments on the car park.  The parish would like it maintained.  Cllr Selvey to draft comments to Highways.  TY to advise contact.

Cllr Hughes reported that the defibrillator case was now on the wall but it was locked without the AED inside.  TY to ask Ian from the Ambulance Service what the key code is as he provided the case.

Cllr Thatcher highlighted the email regarding planning obligations consultation from MKC and this must be read.  Cllr Thatcher asked for an update for the noticeboard for the church, TY to accept quote from supplier and ask for a deliver date.

Cllr Bush added that he had received an email regarding Section 106 and explained that if you object to an application and you do not turn up to speak when it goes to the Development Committee then you are unable to object for another 3 months. Cllr Thatcher to forward the email to TY to send to Cllrs.

 

MS

 

 TY

12. DATE OF NEXT MEETING  
The next Parish Council meeting will be held at the Village Hall on Tuesday 5th September 2017 at 7.30pm. There being no further business the meeting ended at 2030hrs.  

 

 

Meeting closed at 9.00pm