SHERINGTON PARISH COUNCIL

 

Draft Minutes of the meeting of Sherington Parish Council held on Wednesday 4th March 2020, at the Pavilion, commencing at 7.30pm

 

PRESENT: Cllrs Hindler (Chair), Shires (Acting Vice-Chair), M Crabb, S Crabb and Parish Clerk Will Pike.

 

ALSO ATTENDING: 8 members of the public, 1 PCSO and Ward Councillors McLean and Hosking.

 

  1. RECEIVE AND ACCEPT APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE

Cllr Readman and Ward Cllr Geary. All apologies accepted.

 

  1. RECEIVE ANY DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST

Cllr Shires should the pavilion come up.

 

  1. APPROVE MINUTES FROM LAST MEETING

Approved and signed by Cllr Hindler.

 

  1. CO-OPT NEW COUNCILLORS

Both George McNeil and Alistair Meldrum were co-opted onto the Parish Council. This brings the Council to its full quota of 7 Councillors.

 

  1. RECEIVE PUBLIC COMMENTS

Points were raised as follows:

  1. VE Day – A meeting of the various groups involved in putting together the proposed VE Day celebrations had been held and a rough template for the day agreed.

The celebrations will include the annual May Pole dancing and then head up to The White Hart and St. Lauds Church with various events happening during the day.

Further details will be provided once funding has been determined.

Cllr Hindler proposed that the Parish Council will provide £600 to be spent on parts of the celebration that are inclusive to all. All were in favour.

The Council will also review their own insurance policy to see if this can be used to cover parts of the day if necessary.

  1. Due to the sad demise of the Youth Club, the Parish Council were asked if several items, including two table tennis tables could be moved to the stores at the Pavilion in exchange the tables and staging would be moved back to the village Hall. All were in agreement.

 

  1. RECEIVE PCSO REPORT

No specific figures were given but there had been some instances of anti-social behaviour reported. It was also mentioned that there are still ongoing issues with the theft of tools from vans in the area and also with hare coursing.

The PCSO was asked about a car parked on Crofts End and confirmed that there was no current issue surrounding this.

 

  1. RECEIVE WARD COUNCILLORS REPORT

Points were raised as follows:

  1. At MKC’s annual budget meeting there had been an agreement to raise Council Tax by 3.49%
  2. A fund had been made available to all Parishes of £25,000 in total to support VE day events. It was suggested Lauren contact this roup to see if she could get funding for V.E.Day
  3. The Housing Infrastructure Fund Bid (HIF) still had no date of determination known.
  4. Ward Cllr McLean confirmed the receipt of the Parish Councils bid for Community Infrastructure Funding for some highways related matters. A decision should be made in April about which, if any, schemes will be provided with funding. The issue of speeding around the village will also be investigated further in April using various monitoring devices.
  5. It was mentioned in relation to parking matters that parked cars are often a good deterrent to speeding vehicles.

 

  1. RECEIVE REPORT ON ACTIONS FROM LAST MEETING
  2. A meeting with solictors had been made for 16th March regarding the shop lease and also access to The Old Rectory gardens for the preschool.
  3. Cllr Meldrum was tasked with looking further into outstanding S106 fund monies.
  4. WP confirmed that the current utility contract at the Pavilion expires at the end of April and will review current offerings to ensure value for money.
  5. Jeff Charles will shortly start to refurbish the red phone box on The Knoll and turn it into the lending library as discussed previously.
  6. Cllr Hindler read a letter received from the family of the late Phil Smith thanking the Council for the memorials placed around the village in his memory.

 

  1. CLERKS REPORT

Several items were mentioned including:

Correspondence relating to the Great British Spring Clean had been received. This will be happening between March 20th and April 13th. The information was passed to Lauren Scott.

The details of a new Senior Panning Support Officer were passed to all Councillors.

An invitation to The MK District Reform Synagogue’s open day had been received and details passed to all Councillors.

 

  1. NEIGHBOURHOOD PLAN REVIEW

No further action at the moment.

 

  1. PROJECT GROUP UPDATES

PAVILION:

Cllr Hindler proposed a fund of £600 be set aside for the purposes of advertising the Pavilion – all were in agreement.

Cllr S Crabb produced the results of a recent survey of villagers regarding the use of the Pavilion and Cllr’s will review before the next meeting. The results of this will be used to determine what is done in terms of a ‘revamp’ of the Pavilion.

A quote for a full electrical check and certification was given of £430. Further quotes will be obtained but all were in agreement that this was an important matter to sort quickly.

SHOP:

No planning update as yet.

An ‘Internal Drainage Board’ has been set up with Cllr Hindler chairing to fulfil a planning condition relating to the Culvert which runs under the shop / village hall car park.

BIODIVERSITY:

Grants are now being applied for – a further update will follow.

A key point is trying to determine the ownership of Stonepits Copse (now known to be formerly known as Stone Pits Close).

 

  1. CARETAKERS REPORT

Jeff Charles provided a detailed report which will be made available on the website.

It was agreed to provide new dog bins and waste bins in certain places at a cost of circa £800 for the waste bins and £700 for the dog waste bins.

A key point mentioned in the report was the general state of the drainage around the village. A site visit from MKC will be requested.

 

  1. FINANCE

A budget had been prepared for the financial year 20/21 by Will Pike. All Cllrs agreed its implementation subject to a couple of minor amendments detailed just prior to the meeting.

 

The Council are in the process of moving banks away from HSBC bank due to both current and historical issues.

 

Moving to Metro Bank in Milton Keynes was proposed by Cllr Hindler and all were in agreement. A meeting has been set for 11th March to open the new account. Treasurer Pike and councillors Hindler and Meldrum will attend the meeting with other members visiting the bank with Passport, Driving licence and one other proof of address at a time convenient to them.

 

The Account will be opened in the name of ‘Sherington Parish Council’

 

Advice will be taken at the meeting as to whether one or two accounts (as currently with a current and deposit account) is the best way forward.

 

Cllr Hindler proposed the following ‘Key Officals:’

 

Chairman – Ian Hindler

Vice-Chair – Dennis Readman

Treasurer – William Pike

 

All were in agreement.

 

Cllr Hindler proposed the following signatories:

 

Ian Hindler

Dennis Readman

Matt Crabb

Sarah Crabb

Edward Shires

George McNeil

Alistair Meldrum

William Pike

 

All were in agreement.

 

It was also agreed that two signatories will be required for all payments and transfers made from the account(s) and that the Treasurer (William Pike) shall be limited to providing authorisation for single payments under or up to the value of £250. All higher value payments must be authorised by two full Councillors.

 

In light of possible upcoming spending, no upper payment limit was deemed necessary.

 

Full finance figures will be provided at the next meeting.

 

  1. PLANNING APPLICATIONS
    • BARWOOD HOMES

No further update

  • CONSIDERATION OF OUTSTANDING OR RECENTLY SUBMITTED APPLICATIONS

Cllr Readman (not present) had submitted an application to replace fencing at his property on the High Street. No issue with this was raised.

 

  1. CONSIDER CORRESPONDENCE AND NEW CONSULTATIONS

None.

 

  1. EXTERNAL MEETINGS

Olney Ward Forum Meeting to be held on 25th March will be attended by Cllrs Hindler and Meldrum.

 

  1. COUNCILLORS ITEMS

All had been dealt with during the meeting.

 

  1. DATE OF NEXT MEETING

The next meeting will be on Wednesday 1st April at 7.30 p.m.