Draft Minutes of the meeting of Sherington Parish Council held at the Pavilion on Wednesday 7th October 2020, commencing at 7.30pm

PRESENT: Cllrs Hindler (Chair), Readman, McNeil, S Crabb, M Crabb, Meldrum and Shires, Parish Clerk Will Pike

ALSO ATTENDING: 8 members of the public.

1. RECEIVE AND ACCEPT APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
Ward Councillors McLean, Hosking and Geary. PCSO Pat Flynn.

2. RECEIVE ANY DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
Cllr Shires – Pavilion

3. APPROVE MINUTES FROM LAST MEETING
Approved and signed by Cllr Hindler.

4. ELECT A CHAIR AND VICE-CHAIR FOR THE COMING YEAR.
All Councillors were invited to put themselves forward for the position of Chair and subsequently Vice-Chair. Cllr Hindler volunteered to continue as Chair, and all were in favour. Cllr Readman then volunteered for the role of Vice-Chair and again all were in favour.

5. SIGN OFF THE FINANCIAL DOCUMENTS FOR THE PREVIOUS YEAR.
The financial documents and audit forms relating to the financial year to 31/03/2020 had been reviewed by Cllr Readman prior to the meeting and had been recommended for approval. Cllr Hindler, as Chair, then signed the documents at the meeting. The necessary audit forms will be made available for public viewing shortly.

6. RECEIVE PUBLIC COMMENTS
None

7. RECEIVE PCSO REPORT
No PCSO was present but figures had been provided as follows:
07/09/20 Unauthorised Encampment
08/09/20 Burglary from shed
14/09/20 Criminal damage
01/10/20 Action fraud scam

8. RECEIVE WARD COUNCILLORS REPORT
No Ward Councillor report was provided.

9. RECEIVE REPORT ON ACTIONS FROM LAST MEETING
The action log held was reviewed and several items removed as complete. Items added to the list included reviewing what to do with the red phone box on The Knoll, the 5 year budget plan and discussing how to deal with the issue of hedges encroaching onto the footpaths around the village.

10. CLERKS REPORT
WP reported the following:
There had been a request from MKC for volunteers to join the Covid-19 Community Champion Scheme. Details are readily available from MKC should anyone wish to join.
An email had been sent to all clerks putting forward the idea of a ‘community bus’ to provide access to services otherwise unreachable – similar to the mobile library. It was agreed to show an initial interest and await further information.
It was mentioned that discussions between various parties were ongoing in relation to the drainage issues at the junction of Crofts End and High Street.

11. PROJECT GROUP UPDATES
PAVILION:
Bookings had started to pick up again now that the Pavilion was open again and interest had been shown by several interested parties.
A member of the public, present at the meeting, had inquired about the possibility of using just the kitchen area of the Pavilion as a temporary ‘prep kitchen’ for his business. Discussions ensued with the outcome being that the Council were happy to support but that there were likely to be several hurdles in the way of using the Pavilion in such a way. WP suggested that he may have an alternative and agreed to meet after the meeting.

SHOP:
No real update but confirmation was given of the current position. Several options were discussed about the way to move forward but a review of finances going forward is needed first along with finding out the exact status of the development at Water Lane.

BIODIVERSITY:
Cllr Shires confirmed there will be one more cut of Stonepits Copse prior to the winter.
David Williams gave avery positive update on the progress of God’s Acre at the churchyard. There was a discussion about the possibility of involving the school and other community groups in the ongoing upkeep and planting of the area.Further information will be placed in Scan and on the village Facebook pages.

LANDSCAPING:
Included below at 12.

12. CARETAKERS REPORT
Jeff Charles gave a brief update with lots of issues ongoing including drainage around the village.

13. FINANCE
Balances at as 30th September were as follows:

Current Account: £73,931.87
Savings Account: £Nil
Payments Due: £4,325.53
Total Cash in Hand: £69,606.34

14. PLANNING APPLICATIONS
The Council confirmed it had responded against the retrospective application at 6 Gun Lane. Documents had been uploaded earlier in the day relating to the application but were unable to be accessed prior to the meeting due to an IT migration happening at MKC.
An application (20/02147/TCA) was reviewed and all were in agreement that no action was necessary.

15. CONSIDER CORRESPONDENCE AND NEW CONSULTATIONS
It was agreed to consult with Chris Akrill of Tow Planning Services regarding the Neighbourhood Plan currently in place and how to proceed.

16. EXTERNAL MEETINGS
Cllr Meldrum confirmed that a meeting had been arranged to discuss S106 monies further on the 29th October with MKC.

17. COUNCILLORS ITEMS
The speed limit along Gun Lane was mentioned as some were unaware on the position of the 30mph limit. There was a request to move the limit to the T Junction – this will be looked at at a later date.
Cllr Hindler gave an update on the new play equipment to be installed with S106 money. A meeting was due to take place on 10th October to discuss further at the site with the view to spending approximately £20k of S106 money on the project. This will include some specialist ‘accessible’ equipment. All were in favour of pushing the project through.

18. DATE OF NEXT MEETING
The next meeting will be on Wednesday 11th November 2020 at 7.30 p.m.