SHERINGTON PARISH COUNCIL

Draft Minutes of the meeting of Sherington Parish Council held on Tuesday 3rd December 2019, at the Pavilion, commencing at 7.30pm.

PRESENT: Cllrs Hindler, Readman, M Crabb and S Crabb

ALSO ATTENDING: 6 members of the public and Ward Councillor McLean.

  1. RECEIVE AND ACCEPT APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE

Cllrs Watts, Shires, Parish Clerk Will Pike. Ward Cllr apology for late attendance as at 3 Parish Council meetings on the same day. All apologies accepted. Cllr Watts resignation noted. Cllr Hindler acted as Chair.

 

  1. RECEIVE ANY DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST

None

 

  1. APPROVE MINUTES FROM LAST MEETING

Minutes for the last meeting approved but are to be signed when Parish Clerk available.

 

  1. RECEIVE PUBLIC COMMENTS

Points were raised as follows:

  1. Comments made on the development at the high street and whether there was an opportunity to install a roundabout at the entrance as the temporary traffic lights had provided traffic calming. To be added to list of items to be discussed with Highways.
  2. The Parish Council were asked if any feedback had been received from the latest Police speed checks, particularly on Bedford Road. None had been received. Cllr Shires to update at the next meeting.
  3. There was a request to move Public Comments to the end so that members of the public could comment on the meeting discussions. To be considered by the Councillors.
  4. There was a query on the ownership of the unused telephone mast sited at the top of Bedford Road where it joins with Chichley Hill

 

  1. RECEIVE PCSO REPORT

Received by email

  1. RECEIVE WARD COUNCILLORS REPORT

Ward Cllr McLean mentioned the following:

  1. Housing and Infrastructure Funding not expected to be addressed before the election.
  2. There is a Judicial Review of MK Housing Supply. The advice is to continue with the recently instigated review of the Neighbourhood Plan pending this review.
  3. Whilst there has been communication with Cllr Shires on Highways, the advice to the Council is to prioritise as funding is limited.
  4. There is a local Parish Council quarterly forum on crime/speeding which Sherington does not attend. Parish Clerk to obtain details and Cllr Readman offered to attend.
  5. On the work on the High Street development, it was noted that the road was in a mess and the advice was for the Parish Clerk to contact Highways who will send an Enforcement Officer from the Streetworks Team to take the developers to task and ensure the road is put back into good condition.

 

  1. RECEIVE REPORT ON ACTIONS FROM LAST MEETING
  2. Bids now being received on grounds maintenance. Should be able to vote on options in January.
  3. Bench and tree for P Smith now in place.
  4. Loose kerbstones issue raised.
  5. Knowle drain flooding raised.
  6. Gun Lane, Coney Grey Field, flooding raised by a member of the public. Cllr Hindler to view and raised as appropriate.

 

  1. CLERKS REPORT

Nothing to report in the absence of the Parish Clerk.

 

  1. NEIGHBOURHOOD PLAN REVIEW

Will Bush has taken advice which is to keep under review but not to rush the renewal. Specifically, clarify what changes are being looked at and what is being considered. Status to be reviewed at the next meeting following Cllr Watts resignation.

  1. PROJECT GROUP UPDATES

PAVILION:

Cllr M Crabb updated on the proposals to segregate the field and the pavilion but with an beneficial rate if both hired at the same time. Also includes a lower rate for local users. Still very competitive against similar facilities in the area. Council approved new rates from 1st January 2020.
Quote received for electrical work at £500. Whilst other quotes awaited the Council provide approval for Cllr M Crabb to commit to work with flex up £600.

SHOP:

Following the drop in session at The White Hart on 16th November 2019, a site examination to gauge the extent the proposed new development will extend into the site and a review of the Viability Study, a further Shop Co is being arranged (established for 6pm on 10th December 2019) to formalise the plans to be submitted to the planning department and costingsfor the development to be obtained. Some clarity should also be received on the legal position of the current lease.

BIODIVERSITY:

                No update in the absence of Cllr Shires.

  1. CARETAKERS REPORT

Noted that the current caretaker has resigned and Cllr Hindler interviewing 2 candidates on 8th December 2019.

  1. FINANCE

No update in the absence of the Parish Clerk.

  1. PLANNING APPLICATIONS

None

  1. CONSIDER CORRESPONDENCE AND NEW CONSULTATIONS

None.

 

  1. EXTERNAL MEETINGS

Cllr Readman to meet Solicitors to discuss position with current shop lease.

Cllr Hindler meeting an organisation who volunteer, for a small fee to cover their own overheads such as insurance, to maintain areas such as Stonepits Copse. Public comment was made that Peter Crook did provide this type of support also and may be something the Council would want to also look at.

 

  1. COUNCILLORS ITEMS

None.

 

  1. DATE OF NEXT MEETING

The next meeting will be on January 7th 2020.