Draft Minutes of the meeting of Sherington Parish Council held at the Payilion on Wednesday 8th July, commencing at 7.30pm

 

PRESENT: Cllrs Hindler (Chair), Readman, McNeil, S Crabb, M Crabb and Meldrum

 

ALSO ATTENDING: 1

 

  1. RECEIVE AND ACCEPT APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE

Cllr Shires and Ward Councillors McLean, Geary and Hosking

 

  1. RECEIVE ANY DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST

None.

 

  1. APPROVE MINUTES FROM LAST MEETING

Approved – to be signed at the next physical meeting.

 

  1. RECEIVE PUBLIC COMMENTS

None.

 

  1. RECEIVE PCSO REPORT

No PCSO was present but figures had been provided and will be placed on the website in due course. Specific mention was giving to an increase in adult anti-social behaviour typically around Covid-19 issues.

 

  1. RECEIVE WARD COUNCILLORS REPORT

No update was provided but it was agreed to contact Ward Cllr McLean regarding the planning issues in Gun Lane.

 

  1. RECEIVE REPORT ON ACTIONS FROM LAST MEETING

The action log held was reviewed and several items removed as complete. All other items were checked, and the list will be updated and provided to all Cllrs shortly. Most items revolve around other points mentioned in the meetings.

 

  1. CLERKS REPORT

WP confirmed that a new door for the shop was to be fitted later in the week. The CCTV system had also been reported as needing maintenance and WP will look into options for this.

WP confirmed that Tony Pilcher had requested authorisation to complete works on the hand pump on The Knoll and this was granted, and WP will contact Tony to confirm.

It was agreed to continue to furlough staff where necessary due to ongoing Government regulations.

It was agreed to change Energy Suppliers to a single rate tariff due to new Air-Con / Heating system being installed shortly – WP to action.

WP reminded everyone that under updated legislation the Pavilion could be reopened to the Public subject to a full risk-assessment check.

 

  1. PROJECT GROUP UPDATES

PAVILION:

As mentioned above a vote was held as to whether to proceed with updating the heating (and cooling) in the Pavilion in order to make long term energy savings. It was agreed to proceed with the quote from Bachelors discussed at the previous meeting.

A vote was held and was unanimously in favour of proceeding – Cllr S Crabb will confirm on possible installation dates.

Most of the electrical work had been completed with a couple of small items still to be finished.

Requests had been made by hirers of the football pitch to look into possible improvements. Having spoken with SGS who provide the maintenance and markings, ideas and costings could be provided if necessary, but the first step needs to be sorting the rabbit problem out first. It was agreed to follow this up first.

An initial quote had been obtained to get costing ideas for the maintenance and repair of the fencing surrounding the playing field. Further details will be obtained.

SHOP:

Cllr Readman provided an update from the Shop Co meeting and confirmed that progression was being made subject to committed funding being clarified. This was agreed at £110,000.

 

BIODIVERSITY:

Confirmation that a bid of £6,000 had been approved for grant funding.

No further update.

 

LANDSCAPING:

Again, no real update was provided due to ongoing Covid-19 restrictions. We are waiting on information regarding several blocked drains and ditches around the village some of which may require major work to clear properly.

 

  1. CARETAKERS REPORT

Jeff Charles provided a detailed report which will be made available on the website.

It was agreed to provide new dog bins and waste bins in certain places at a cost of circa £800 for the waste bins and £700 for the dog waste bins.

A key point mentioned in the report was the general state of the drainage around the village. A site visit from MKC will be requested.

 

  1. FINANCE

Balances at as 31st May were as follows:

 

Current Account: £66,277.19

Savings Account: £Nil

Payments Due: £10,148.72

Total Cash in Hand: £56,128.47

 

A further payment of £300 was approved for Cllr Shires for the work he had been doing on the verges / ditches etc. around the village that weren’t being covered by MKC.

 

  1. PLANNING APPLICATIONS

None.

 

  1. CONSIDER CORRESPONDENCE AND NEW CONSULTATIONS

None.

 

  1. EXTERNAL MEETINGS

Meetings around new pay equipment were being held.

 

  1. COUNCILLORS ITEMS

Further discussion was then held around the issues of S106 funding and grants.

The main outcomes were as follows:

Ascertain from regular groups meeting in the village about any possible projects / ideas.

Investigate further the whole process of S106 funding and what else could be available.

Investigate who exactly can be funded by S106 monies – are there any exclusions / inclusions that must be looked at. Cllrs Meldrum and McNeil are taking control of this area.

 

  1. DATE OF NEXT MEETING

The next meeting will be on Wednesday 2nd September at 7.30 p.m.  at The Pavilion.