Due to the resignation of Ian Hindler.
We now have a vacancy on the Parish Council, This is an exciting opportunity to have your say on issues affecting our Parish and to make a difference to the village.
If you are interested in joining our team please email the Clerk, Lauren Scott in the first instance on
We look forward to welcoming you aboard.
Jeff Charles has been appointed to the role of Village caretaker and starts on the 2nd of January
The Parish Council elections will take place on Thursday 2nd of May
For those of you that wish to be a candidate for the role of Parish Councillor for Sherington, here is what you should do:
- Contact the Clerk to request the Nomination Pack and Candidate Guide. You can request this in either soft or hard copy. If you request a soft copy, you will need to print it off and complete it by hand.
- You will need a proposer and seconder who must be electors of Sherington. You will need their Electoral Number. If you don’t know the numbers, supply the Clerk with the names and addresses and he will provide you with the numbers.
- You have an option to require that your home address is not printed on the ballot papers.
- You may declare affiliation with a political party if you wish (Sections 2 & 3). If not, then don’t complete these sections.
- Contact the Clerk once your Nomination Pack is complete and he will arrange to collect it. It has to be collected by hand.
- Bear in mind that all Nominations have to be submitted to the Returning Officer by Wednesday 3rd April, so please ensure you have contacted the Clerk in good time.
Councillor Candidate Wanted
Do you care about what is going on in Sherington? Are you interested in shaping the future of the village? If so then please consider becoming a Parish Councillor. Just an hour or so a week is all it takes. We currently have 1 vacancy on the Parish Council. If you’d like to find out what’s involved and apply then come to a Parish Council meeting and/or contact one of the current Councillors who will be delighted to have an informal chat.