Minutes from the PC Meeting 7th January 2020

SHERINGTON PARISH COUNCIL

 

Draft Minutes of the meeting of Sherington Parish Council held on Tuesday 7th January 2020, at the Pavilion, commencing at 7.30pm

 

SOME ITEMS HAVE BEEN REMOVED FROM OR SHORTENED IN THE MINUTES WHILST CONTRACT NEGOTIATIONS ARE ONGOING WITH CONNECTED PARTIES. THEY WILL BE UPDATED ONCE ALL HAVE BEEN SETTLED.

 

PRESENT: Cllrs Hindler, Shires, M Crabb, S Crabb and Readman, Parish Clerk Will Pike.

ALSO ATTENDING: 8 members of the public and Ward Councillor McLean.

 

  1. RECEIVE AND ACCEPT APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE

Ward Cllrs Hosking and Geary. All apologies accepted.

 

  1. RECEIVE ANY DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST

Cllr Shires should the pavilion come up.

 

  1. APPOINT A NEW CHAIR AND VICE-CHAIR

After some discussion it was agreed to postpone this decision for now.

 

  1. APPROVE MINUTES FROM LAST MEETING

Minutes were approved and signed for the previous two meetings.

 

  1. RECEIVE PUBLIC COMMENTS

Points were raised as follows:

  1. Cllr Hindler introduced Jeff Charles, the new village caretaker to everyone.
  2. Received confirmation that we are waiting for an update from Ward Cllr McLean about several ongoing traffic calming measures.
  3. The Council were asked about ‘ownership’ of the defibrillator at the Village Hall. Rob Johnstone agreed to forward an email requesting updated details to the Clerk and the Council will take ownership.
  4. Tony Pilcher gave thanks to the Council for all their work over the previous year.
  5. He also asked about options for the Post Office going forward. W Pike confirmed that until the Post Office had completed their current review then there was nothing that could be done.
  6. Cllr Hindler responded to previous comments regarding the meeting format by suggesting that if the meeting is finished by 8.50pm then there will be an ‘non-documented, open forum’ after this where other points can be raised. All were in agreement.

 

  1. RECEIVE PCSO REPORT

Crime figures since 12th November as follows:

1 case of catalytic convertor theft

1 Shed Break-In

Some anti-social-behaviour

 

  1. RECEIVE WARD COUNCILLORS REPORT

Due to other commitments Ward Cllr McClean arrived after the meeting had concluded.

 

  1. RECEIVE REPORT ON ACTIONS FROM LAST MEETING

It was agreed to add the following to the list of ongoing actions:

New notice board in the Perry Lane area.

Clear the culverts in Gun Lane.

Clean drains etc.

Other ongoing items were dealt with at other points in the meeting.

 

  1. CLERKS REPORT

WP mentioned the following:

  1. There had been a couple of comments regarding the shop’s opening hours over the festive period.
  2. The Council had been asked why meetings were not held at the Village Hall. WP that confirmed that the Village Hall charge for hire whereas the Pavilion is owned by the Parish Council and therefore the cost cannot be justified.
  3. The red phonebox was mentioned in order to get it back on the agenda.
  4. There is a big push currently at MKC to sort outstanding street lighting issues and details on how to report had been sent to Parish Councils and would be published. Any reports should be made direct to MKC in the first instance.

 

  1. NEIGHBOURHOOD PLAN REVIEW

It was noted that since Cllr Watts resigned that the sub-committee now only had two Cllr’s on it. It was agreed that Cllr Hindler will join to keep the group active whilst further input was requested from advisors and Ward Cllr’s as to how to proceed.

 

  1. PROJECT GROUP UPDATES

PAVILION:

Cllr M Crabb confirmed that the new rates for hire were now in place and that electrical work will be completed shortly.

SHOP:

The Council were presented with the most recent plans (smaller café / public area). Cllr Hindler called a vote as to whether to progress with these and all were in favour. The next step will be to get proper drawings made up so that accurate costings can be obtained.

Cllr Hindler also called a vote as to whether the Council’s own viability plans should now be made public and again all were in agreement.

BIODIVERSITY:

Not much to report due to the time of year and current weather conditions. Funding is being applied for before further plans for Stonepits Copse are produced. The possibility of using volunteer groups to help is also being talked about.

LANDSCAPING:

There was discussion about the process of taking over the landscaping contract from MKC in April 2020 including some late changes to the process which had not been made clear during earlier discussions.

Cllr Hindler confirmed we now had a preferred contractor and proposed a vote on whether to proceed with this contractor and take over the contract ourselves. All were in favour and so the process will proceed as originally planned.

 

  1. CARETAKERS REPORT

Jeff Charles mentioned the following:

We ned to confirm ownership of the current bins around the village and whether it may be beneficial to replace some and possibly add others.

The possibility of recycling bins being introduced as part of this was mentioned.

 

  1. FINANCE

Current Account Balance: £2,214.92

Savings Account Balance: £56,467.52

Cheques Due for Payment: £1,683.56

Total therefore being held is £56,998.88

 

All cheques were approved for payment.

 

  1. PLANNING APPLICATIONS
    • BARWOOD HOMES

No further update.

14.2         CONSIDERATION OF OUTSTANDING OR RECENTLY SUBMITTED APPLICATIONS

None.

 

  1. CONSIDER CORRESPONDENCE AND NEW CONSULTATIONS

None

 

  1. EXTERNAL MEETINGS

It was agreed that more Cllr’s will attend the planning training courses being offered.

 

  1. COUNCILLORS ITEMS

None

 

  1. DATE OF NEXT MEETING

It was agreed that going forward meetings will be moved to Wednesdays to avoid clashing with Ward Cllrs other engagements and also the flourishing Women’s Institute meetings.

The next meeting will be on WEDNESDAY February 5th 2019.

Agenda for PC Meeting Tuesday 7th January 2020 7.30pm @ The Pavilion

SHERINGTON PARISH COUNCIL

 

You are summoned to attend a meeting of Sherington Parish Council which will take place at the Sports Pavilion, Perry Lane, on Tuesday 7th January 2020 at 7.30pm.

 

AGENDA

 

  1. RECEIVE AND ACCEPT APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE

 

  1. RECEIVE ANY DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST

 

  1. APPOINT A NEW CHAIR AND VICE-CHAIR

 

  1. APPROVE MINUTES FROM LAST MEETING – 12th November 2019 and 3rd December 2020

 

  1. RECEIVE PUBLIC COMMENTS

 

  1. RECEIVE PCSO REPORT

 

  1. RECEIVE WARD COUNCILLORS REPORT

 

  1. RECEIVE REPORT ON ACTIONS FROM LAST MEETING – ALL

 

  1. CLERKS REPORT – WP

 

  1. NEIGHBOURHOOD PLAN UPDATE

 

  1. PROJECT GROUP UPDATES

 

  • PAVILION
  • SHOP
  • BIODIVERSITY
  • LANDSCAPING

 

  1. VILLAGE CARETAKER REPORT – IH

 

  1. FINANCE

 

  • Review monthly balances – ALL
  • Approve cheques for payment – ALL

 

  1. PLANNING APPLICATIONS

 

  • Barwood Homes – High Street Development
  • Consideration of outstanding or recently submitted applications – ALL

 

  1. CONSIDER CORRESPONDENCE AND NEW CONSULTATIONS

 

  1. EXTERNAL MEETINGS

 

  1. COUNCILLORS ITEMS

 

  1. DATE OF NEXT MEETING

 

To Be Confirmed.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Members of the public and press are invited to attend.

Neighbourhood Plan Review – Sub Committee

Neighbourhood Plan – review

 

Attendees: Cllrs Watts, M Crabb and Will Bush

Apologies: Cllr Readman

Date: Tuesday 19th November

 

  1. At the Parish Council meeting on 12th November is was agreed to set up a sub committee to review the Neighbourhood Plan. The plan is just over 2 years old and in the light of 2 successful appeals at Hanslope, due to the Inspector deciding that MK did not have 5 years housing supply land, the Parish Council decided to review its position.
  2. The subcommittee was established with the above members, Cllr Watts as Chair.
  3. There is a judicial review pending relating to the amount of housing supply land.
  4. The Sherington NP was completed before the adoption of Plan MK so we need to check compliance.
  5. Establish what constitutes a “material modification” that would not require a referendum, eg increase housing on an existing development.
  6. Establish the process for defining our housing requirements.
  7. Contact Chris Akrill for advice on the above. Action BW

Statement regarding Post Office Services in the Shop

The Post Office has suspended operations within the shop pending an operational review.  They cannot say when this will be completed, however, they are fully committed to working with us to provide Post Office services in Sherington. In case the Post Office services permanently cease from the shop we are, with the Post Office, investigating alternatives.

Summary of the letter from the Post Office with respect to the operation in the shop in Sherington:

Branch Temporary Closure

We are writing to advise you that, for operational reasons, the above branch closed temporarily on 8 November 2019.  Please accept my apologies for the late notification on this occasion.

We are working to restore Post Office services in the local area and I would like to apologise for any inconvenience this temporary closure may cause locally.

 

Sherington MK16 9PB – Letter from PO

Sherington MK16 9PB – Poster from PO

Change to Parish Council Meeting Format

Change to Parish Council Meeting Format

As the new chair of the Parish Council I am making a few changes to the format of the meetings to enable Councillors to debate matters and make decisions in a more formal manner, in line with good practice and the Parish Council Constitution.

 

The monthly Parish Council meetings are meetings of Sherington Parish Councillors to which the public are invited to observe. The meetings are not general public meetings where views, concerns and complaints are raised on a wide variety of topics. Therefore, from July, the Parish Council meetings will have a change of sequence in the agenda. The item “Receive Public Comments”, which has been towards the end of the agenda, will be moved to item 4 on the agenda and will be limited to 20mins.  Items raised will be noted, clarified if required and then dealt with within the agenda items. For the rest of the meeting, the only questions accepted from the public will be for clarification of points discussed by Councillors.  Views and comments on issues can be expressed to Councillors before and after the meeting or via email and by phone call.  There is an item on the agenda “Consider Correspondence and New Consultations” where communications from the public will be discussed plus other items not covered within the agenda.

Issues relative to Sherington Parish eg Pavilion, The Knoll, The Recreation Ground, Shop, Biodiversity, Planning, Parking, Dog Fouling, Bus Shelters, Benches should be raised with the Parish Council, preferably via the Clerk or any Councillor.

Issues relative to MK Council eg Street Lights, Landscaping (this will move to Sherington April 2020), Gullies/Ditches, Footpaths, Roads, Fly Tipping should be reported directly to MK Council preferably using the online “Report It” or via Customer Service on 01908 691691.  If the issue is not resolved then you should raise a complaint; there is a separate form for this.  If you are still having problems then please contact your Ward Councillor for advice.  This can be done before and after the Parish Council meeting or via email. Please complete the above steps before contacting the Ward Councillor.

Brian Watts