Agenda for PC meeting, which will take place remotely via Zoom on Wednesday 9th December 2020 at 7.30pm.

 

You are summoned to attend a meeting of Sherington Parish Council which will take place remotely via Zoom on Wednesday 9th December 2020 at 7.30pm. Login details will sent out to those requesting prior to the meeting.

 

AGENDA

 

  1. RECEIVE AND ACCEPT APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE

 

  1. RECEIVE ANY DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST

 

  1. APPROVE MINUTES FROM LAST MEETING

 

  1. RECEIVE PUBLIC COMMENTS

 

  1. RECEIVE PCSO REPORT

 

  1. RECEIVE WARD COUNCILLORS REPORT

 

  1. SHOPCO

7.1 UPDATE FROM SHOPCO – TBC

7.2 REVIEW SHOPCO’s TERMs OF REFERENCE – IH

 

  1. FREEDOM OF INFORMATION REQUEST – WP

 

  1. REVIEW AND REVISE NEIGHBOURHOOD PLAN – FIRST STEPS – DR

 

  1. REVIEW ACTION LOG

10.1 Internal Drainage Board

10.2 Precept Request for 2021/2022

 

  1. CLERKS REPORT

 

  1. PROJECT GROUP UPDATES
    • PAVILION

Quote for door replacement.

  • SHOP
  • LANDSCAPING
  • PLAY AREAS

 

  1. VILLAGE CARETAKER REPORT

 

  1. FINANCE
    • REVIEW MONTHLY BALANCES
    • APPROVE INVOICES FOR PAYMENT
    • BUDGET FOR 2021/2022

 

  1. PLANNING APPLICATIONS

15.1 Honeysuckle Cottage, Gun Lane

15.2 Perry Lane – Steel Frame Outbuilding

 

  1. CONSIDER CORRESPONDENCE AND NEW CONSULTATIONS

 

  1. EXTERNAL MEETINGS

 

  1. COUNCILLORS ITEMS

 

17.1 COUNCILLORS FOCUS AREAS GOING FORWARD – IH

17.2 VERGE CUTTING – HIGH STREET TOWARDS GUN LANE – DR

 

  1. DATE OF NEXT MEETING

 

TBC.

 

SHOULD YOU WISH TO ATTEND PLEASE EMAIL CLERKSHERINGTONPC@GMAIL.COM PRIOR TO THE MEETING  SO THAT LOGIN DETAILS CAN BE PROVIDED.

 

Members of the public and press are invited to attend.

Distribution: Cllrs Hindler, Shires, S Crabb, M Crabb, Readman McNeil and Meldrum.

Signed                                                                         Date

Agenda for PC Meeting & AGM at The Pavilion on Wednesday 7th October 2020 at 7.30pm

SHERINGTON PARISH COUNCIL

You are summoned to attend a meeting of Sherington Parish Council which will take place at The Pavilion on Wednesday 7th October 2020 at 7.30pm. Social Distancing and Track and Trace measures will be in place and numbers will be limited.

This meeting will also include the AGM requirements of Sherington Parish Council.

AGENDA

1. RECEIVE AND ACCEPT APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE

2. RECEIVE ANY DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST

3. APPROVE MINUTES FROM LAST MEETINGS

4. ELECT A CHAIRMAN AND VICE-CHAIRMAN FOR THE COMING YEAR

5. SIGN OFF THE FINANCIAL DOCUMENTS FOR THE PREVIOUS FINANCIAL YEAR

6. RECEIVE PUBLIC COMMENTS

7. RECEIVE PCSO REPORT

8. RECEIVE WARD COUNCILLORS REPORT

9. REVIEW ACTION LOG

10. CLERKS REPORT

11. PROJECT GROUP UPDATES

11.1. PAVILION
11.2. SHOP
11.3. BIODIVERSITY
11.4. LANDSCAPING

12. VILLAGE CARETAKER REPORT

13. FINANCE

13.1. REVIEW MONTHLY BALANCES
13.2. APPROVE INVOICES FOR PAYMENT

14. PLANNING APPLICATIONS

14.1. 6 GUN LANE – RETROSPECTIVE PLANNING

15. CONSIDER CORRESPONDENCE AND NEW CONSULTATIONS

16. EXTERNAL MEETINGS

17. COUNCILLORS ITEMS

18. DATE OF NEXT MEETING

TBC.

SHOULD YOU WISH TO ATTEND PLEASE EMAIL CLERKSHERINGTONPC@GMAIL.COM PRIOR TO THE MEETING SO THAT WE CAN JUDGE NUMBERS AND SET THE HALL OUT ACCORDINGLY

Meeting Minutes form Parish Council Meeting Held 7th July 2020

Draft Minutes of the meeting of Sherington Parish Council held at the Payilion on Wednesday 8th July, commencing at 7.30pm

 

PRESENT: Cllrs Hindler (Chair), Readman, McNeil, S Crabb, M Crabb and Meldrum

 

ALSO ATTENDING: 1

 

  1. RECEIVE AND ACCEPT APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE

Cllr Shires and Ward Councillors McLean, Geary and Hosking

 

  1. RECEIVE ANY DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST

None.

 

  1. APPROVE MINUTES FROM LAST MEETING

Approved – to be signed at the next physical meeting.

 

  1. RECEIVE PUBLIC COMMENTS

None.

 

  1. RECEIVE PCSO REPORT

No PCSO was present but figures had been provided and will be placed on the website in due course. Specific mention was giving to an increase in adult anti-social behaviour typically around Covid-19 issues.

 

  1. RECEIVE WARD COUNCILLORS REPORT

No update was provided but it was agreed to contact Ward Cllr McLean regarding the planning issues in Gun Lane.

 

  1. RECEIVE REPORT ON ACTIONS FROM LAST MEETING

The action log held was reviewed and several items removed as complete. All other items were checked, and the list will be updated and provided to all Cllrs shortly. Most items revolve around other points mentioned in the meetings.

 

  1. CLERKS REPORT

WP confirmed that a new door for the shop was to be fitted later in the week. The CCTV system had also been reported as needing maintenance and WP will look into options for this.

WP confirmed that Tony Pilcher had requested authorisation to complete works on the hand pump on The Knoll and this was granted, and WP will contact Tony to confirm.

It was agreed to continue to furlough staff where necessary due to ongoing Government regulations.

It was agreed to change Energy Suppliers to a single rate tariff due to new Air-Con / Heating system being installed shortly – WP to action.

WP reminded everyone that under updated legislation the Pavilion could be reopened to the Public subject to a full risk-assessment check.

 

  1. PROJECT GROUP UPDATES

PAVILION:

As mentioned above a vote was held as to whether to proceed with updating the heating (and cooling) in the Pavilion in order to make long term energy savings. It was agreed to proceed with the quote from Bachelors discussed at the previous meeting.

A vote was held and was unanimously in favour of proceeding – Cllr S Crabb will confirm on possible installation dates.

Most of the electrical work had been completed with a couple of small items still to be finished.

Requests had been made by hirers of the football pitch to look into possible improvements. Having spoken with SGS who provide the maintenance and markings, ideas and costings could be provided if necessary, but the first step needs to be sorting the rabbit problem out first. It was agreed to follow this up first.

An initial quote had been obtained to get costing ideas for the maintenance and repair of the fencing surrounding the playing field. Further details will be obtained.

SHOP:

Cllr Readman provided an update from the Shop Co meeting and confirmed that progression was being made subject to committed funding being clarified. This was agreed at £110,000.

 

BIODIVERSITY:

Confirmation that a bid of £6,000 had been approved for grant funding.

No further update.

 

LANDSCAPING:

Again, no real update was provided due to ongoing Covid-19 restrictions. We are waiting on information regarding several blocked drains and ditches around the village some of which may require major work to clear properly.

 

  1. CARETAKERS REPORT

Jeff Charles provided a detailed report which will be made available on the website.

It was agreed to provide new dog bins and waste bins in certain places at a cost of circa £800 for the waste bins and £700 for the dog waste bins.

A key point mentioned in the report was the general state of the drainage around the village. A site visit from MKC will be requested.

 

  1. FINANCE

Balances at as 31st May were as follows:

 

Current Account: £66,277.19

Savings Account: £Nil

Payments Due: £10,148.72

Total Cash in Hand: £56,128.47

 

A further payment of £300 was approved for Cllr Shires for the work he had been doing on the verges / ditches etc. around the village that weren’t being covered by MKC.

 

  1. PLANNING APPLICATIONS

None.

 

  1. CONSIDER CORRESPONDENCE AND NEW CONSULTATIONS

None.

 

  1. EXTERNAL MEETINGS

Meetings around new pay equipment were being held.

 

  1. COUNCILLORS ITEMS

Further discussion was then held around the issues of S106 funding and grants.

The main outcomes were as follows:

Ascertain from regular groups meeting in the village about any possible projects / ideas.

Investigate further the whole process of S106 funding and what else could be available.

Investigate who exactly can be funded by S106 monies – are there any exclusions / inclusions that must be looked at. Cllrs Meldrum and McNeil are taking control of this area.

 

  1. DATE OF NEXT MEETING

The next meeting will be on Wednesday 2nd September at 7.30 p.m.  at The Pavilion.

Agenda for Parish Coucil Meeting to take place at The Pavilion on Wednesday 2nd September 2020 at 7.30pm. Social Distancing measures will be in place and numbers will be limited.

 

You are summoned to attend a meeting of Sherington Parish Council which will take place at The Pavilion on Wednesday 2nd September 2020 at 7.30pm. Social Distancing measures will be in place and numbers will be limited.

AGENDA

 

  1. RECEIVE AND ACCEPT APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE

 

  1. RECEIVE ANY DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST

 

  1. APPROVE MINUTES FROM LAST MEETINGS

 

  1. RECEIVE PUBLIC COMMENTS

 

  1. RECEIVE PCSO REPORT

 

  1. RECEIVE WARD COUNCILLORS REPORT

 

  1. REVIEW ACTION LOG

 

  1. CLERKS REPORT

 

  1. PROJECT GROUP UPDATES

 

  • PAVILION
  • SHOP
  • BIODIVERSITY
  • LANDSCAPING

 

  1. VILLAGE CARETAKER REPORT

 

  1. FINANCE

 

  • REVIEW MONTHLY BALANCES
  • APPROVE INVOICES FOR PAYMENT

 

  1. PLANNING APPLICATIONS

 

  1. CONSIDER CORRESPONDENCE AND NEW CONSULTATIONS

 

  1. EXTERNAL MEETINGS

 

  1. COUNCILLORS ITEMS

 

Cllr Hindler – Play Areas and Spaces

Cllr Hindler – Replacment of Phil Smith Memorial Tree

Cllr Hindler – Drains at Junction of High Street and Crofts End

Cllr McNeil – Use of Business Rate Grant for Pavilion Improvements

 

  1. DATE OF NEXT MEETING

 

TBC.

 

 

SHOULD YOU WISH TO ATTEND PLEASE EMAIL CLERKSHERINGTONPC@GMAIL.COM PRIOR TO THE MEETING  SO THAT WE CAN JUDGE NUMBERS AND SET THE HALL OUT ACCORDINGLY

 

 

 

 

 

 

Members of the public and press are invited to attend.

Distribution: Cllrs Hindler, Shires, S Crabb, M Crabb, Readman McNeil and Meldrum.

 

 

Virtual (Zoom) Parish Council Meeting Agenda Wednesday 17th June 2020 @ 19:30

SHERINGTON PARISH COUNCIL

 

You are summoned to attend a meeting of Sherington Parish Council which will take place remotely via Zoom on Wednesday 17th June 2020 at 7.30pm.

 

AGENDA

 

  1. RECEIVE AND ACCEPT APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE

 

  1. RECEIVE ANY DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST

 

  1. APPROVE MINUTES FROM LAST MEETINGS

 

  1. DISCUSS THE POSITION OF CHAIR

 

  1. RECEIVE PUBLIC COMMENTS

 

  1. RECEIVE PCSO REPORT

 

  1. RECEIVE WARD COUNCILLORS REPORT

 

  1. REVIEW ACTION LOG

 

  1. CLERKS REPORT

 

  1. PROJECT GROUP UPDATES

 

  • PAVILION
  • SHOP
  • BIODIVERSITY
  • LANDSCAPING

 

  1. VILLAGE CARETAKER REPORT

 

  1. FINANCE

 

  • REVIEW MONTHLY BALANCES
  • APPROVE INVOICES FOR PAYMENT

 

  1. PLANNING APPLICATIONS

 

  1. CONSIDER CORRESPONDENCE AND NEW CONSULTATIONS

 

  1. EXTERNAL MEETINGS

 

  1. COUNCILLORS ITEMS

 

  1. DATE OF NEXT MEETING

 

TBC.

 

 

SHOULD YOU WISH TO ATTEND PLEASE EMAIL CLERKSHERINGTONPC@GMAIL.COM PRIOR TO THE MEETING TO RECEIVE THE ZOOM DETAILS TO ALLOW CONNECTION.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Members of the public and press are invited to attend.

Distribution: Cllrs Hindler, Shires, S Crabb, M Crabb, Readman McNeil and Meldrum.

 

Signed                                                                         Date

CANCELLATION of Parish Council Meeting Scheduled for 1st April 2020

In light of the current COVID-19 situation the Parish Council Meeting scheduled for 1st April 2020 has regretfully been cancelled.

The parish council are continuing to work in the background (whilst adhering to government guidelines and social distancing) and are supporting the wonderful COVID-19 support efforts offered by the fantastic group of local volunteers.

If you require anything from the council please make contact via the Clerk.

We will look to schedule our next meeting as soon as we are able in line with government advice and lifting of current restrictions.

Urgent notice to Sherington residents who may need or want to self isolate due to COVID-19

Urgent notice to Sherington residents who may need or want to self isolate due to COVID-19

The village has a fantastic team of supporters who can assist with managing this process  which is being supported by the parish council,

If you feel in need of assistance at any point:

1)We need to know who and where you are, please contact us below.

We will be able to freely offer you support, phone calls, deliveries, and anything you may need.

Please contact-
Amy Crawley 07989587397
Jo Lusted 07780987034
Robert Brewis 07885349952
Coralie for scan parish churches 07952593769

Personal information-
We will be keeping a central record accessible to us only, and use a map of the village to allocate the nearest most suitable person to be your contact.

We also have storage facilities for long life milk and freezers for bread.
If anyone feels they can donate these items please take them to the White Hart Sherington

Minutes from the PC Meeting 7th January 2020

SHERINGTON PARISH COUNCIL

 

Draft Minutes of the meeting of Sherington Parish Council held on Tuesday 7th January 2020, at the Pavilion, commencing at 7.30pm

 

SOME ITEMS HAVE BEEN REMOVED FROM OR SHORTENED IN THE MINUTES WHILST CONTRACT NEGOTIATIONS ARE ONGOING WITH CONNECTED PARTIES. THEY WILL BE UPDATED ONCE ALL HAVE BEEN SETTLED.

 

PRESENT: Cllrs Hindler, Shires, M Crabb, S Crabb and Readman, Parish Clerk Will Pike.

ALSO ATTENDING: 8 members of the public and Ward Councillor McLean.

 

  1. RECEIVE AND ACCEPT APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE

Ward Cllrs Hosking and Geary. All apologies accepted.

 

  1. RECEIVE ANY DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST

Cllr Shires should the pavilion come up.

 

  1. APPOINT A NEW CHAIR AND VICE-CHAIR

After some discussion it was agreed to postpone this decision for now.

 

  1. APPROVE MINUTES FROM LAST MEETING

Minutes were approved and signed for the previous two meetings.

 

  1. RECEIVE PUBLIC COMMENTS

Points were raised as follows:

  1. Cllr Hindler introduced Jeff Charles, the new village caretaker to everyone.
  2. Received confirmation that we are waiting for an update from Ward Cllr McLean about several ongoing traffic calming measures.
  3. The Council were asked about ‘ownership’ of the defibrillator at the Village Hall. Rob Johnstone agreed to forward an email requesting updated details to the Clerk and the Council will take ownership.
  4. Tony Pilcher gave thanks to the Council for all their work over the previous year.
  5. He also asked about options for the Post Office going forward. W Pike confirmed that until the Post Office had completed their current review then there was nothing that could be done.
  6. Cllr Hindler responded to previous comments regarding the meeting format by suggesting that if the meeting is finished by 8.50pm then there will be an ‘non-documented, open forum’ after this where other points can be raised. All were in agreement.

 

  1. RECEIVE PCSO REPORT

Crime figures since 12th November as follows:

1 case of catalytic convertor theft

1 Shed Break-In

Some anti-social-behaviour

 

  1. RECEIVE WARD COUNCILLORS REPORT

Due to other commitments Ward Cllr McClean arrived after the meeting had concluded.

 

  1. RECEIVE REPORT ON ACTIONS FROM LAST MEETING

It was agreed to add the following to the list of ongoing actions:

New notice board in the Perry Lane area.

Clear the culverts in Gun Lane.

Clean drains etc.

Other ongoing items were dealt with at other points in the meeting.

 

  1. CLERKS REPORT

WP mentioned the following:

  1. There had been a couple of comments regarding the shop’s opening hours over the festive period.
  2. The Council had been asked why meetings were not held at the Village Hall. WP that confirmed that the Village Hall charge for hire whereas the Pavilion is owned by the Parish Council and therefore the cost cannot be justified.
  3. The red phonebox was mentioned in order to get it back on the agenda.
  4. There is a big push currently at MKC to sort outstanding street lighting issues and details on how to report had been sent to Parish Councils and would be published. Any reports should be made direct to MKC in the first instance.

 

  1. NEIGHBOURHOOD PLAN REVIEW

It was noted that since Cllr Watts resigned that the sub-committee now only had two Cllr’s on it. It was agreed that Cllr Hindler will join to keep the group active whilst further input was requested from advisors and Ward Cllr’s as to how to proceed.

 

  1. PROJECT GROUP UPDATES

PAVILION:

Cllr M Crabb confirmed that the new rates for hire were now in place and that electrical work will be completed shortly.

SHOP:

The Council were presented with the most recent plans (smaller café / public area). Cllr Hindler called a vote as to whether to progress with these and all were in favour. The next step will be to get proper drawings made up so that accurate costings can be obtained.

Cllr Hindler also called a vote as to whether the Council’s own viability plans should now be made public and again all were in agreement.

BIODIVERSITY:

Not much to report due to the time of year and current weather conditions. Funding is being applied for before further plans for Stonepits Copse are produced. The possibility of using volunteer groups to help is also being talked about.

LANDSCAPING:

There was discussion about the process of taking over the landscaping contract from MKC in April 2020 including some late changes to the process which had not been made clear during earlier discussions.

Cllr Hindler confirmed we now had a preferred contractor and proposed a vote on whether to proceed with this contractor and take over the contract ourselves. All were in favour and so the process will proceed as originally planned.

 

  1. CARETAKERS REPORT

Jeff Charles mentioned the following:

We ned to confirm ownership of the current bins around the village and whether it may be beneficial to replace some and possibly add others.

The possibility of recycling bins being introduced as part of this was mentioned.

 

  1. FINANCE

Current Account Balance: £2,214.92

Savings Account Balance: £56,467.52

Cheques Due for Payment: £1,683.56

Total therefore being held is £56,998.88

 

All cheques were approved for payment.

 

  1. PLANNING APPLICATIONS
    • BARWOOD HOMES

No further update.

14.2         CONSIDERATION OF OUTSTANDING OR RECENTLY SUBMITTED APPLICATIONS

None.

 

  1. CONSIDER CORRESPONDENCE AND NEW CONSULTATIONS

None

 

  1. EXTERNAL MEETINGS

It was agreed that more Cllr’s will attend the planning training courses being offered.

 

  1. COUNCILLORS ITEMS

None

 

  1. DATE OF NEXT MEETING

It was agreed that going forward meetings will be moved to Wednesdays to avoid clashing with Ward Cllrs other engagements and also the flourishing Women’s Institute meetings.

The next meeting will be on WEDNESDAY February 5th 2019.