Agenda 1st June

Header

May the 25th 2021

You are hereby summoned to attend a meeting of Sherington Parish council,

 On Tuesday 1st June 2021, From 19:30 at Sherington Pavilion.

AGENDA

  1. RECEIVE AND ACCEPT APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
  2. RECEIVE ANY DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
  3. APPROVE MINUTES FROM LAST MEETING – Minutes from the meeting 8th April
  4. CO-OPT NEW MEMBERS, Receive declarations
  5. RECEIVE PUBLIC COMMENTS
  6. RECEIVE PCSO REPORT
  7. REVIEW ACTION LOG – this will be made available to all councillors before the meeting.
  8. CLERKS REPORT
    • Website
    • Play rangers return, Quote received.
  9. VILLAGE CARETAKER REPORT
  10. PROJECT GROUP UPDATES
    • PAVILION –
    • MUGA
    • SHOP –
    • BARNCo
    • LANDSCAPING –
    • DRAINAGE –
    • HIGHWAYS – SIDS camera placement.
  11. FINANCE
    • REVIEW MONTHLY BALANCES
    • APPROVE INVOICES FOR PAYMENT
    • BUDGET
  12. PLANNING APPLICATIONS
    • New application for a 2-bed bungalow within the grounds of 37 Crofts end with access from School lane has been added to the website, deadline for public comment is 03/06/21.
    • ANY OTHER APPLICATIONS
  13. CONSIDER CORRESPONDENCE AND NEW CONSULTATIONS
  14. EXTERNAL MEETINGS
  15. COUNCILLORS ITEMS
  16. DATE OF NEXT MEETING

Please be aware that social distancing rules of 2m distance or 1m with masks will apply, please wear a mask until seated, hand sanitiser is provided and should be used frequently.

Please let us know via email by the 31st  May if you would like to attend so that we can plan seating accordingly as only people who have arranged with us in advance will be permitted to enter

Signed

Mrs Lauren Scott, Assistant Clerk for Sherington Parish Council

21/01272/FUL | Erection of One x 2-bed bungalow with parking and access off School Lane (resubmission 21/00319/FUL) | 37 Crofts End Sherington Newport Pagnell MK16 9ND

New planning application received for a 2 bedroom bungalow with access off the car park on school lane.

21/01272/FUL | Erection of One x 2-bed bungalow with parking and access off School Lane (resubmission 21/00319/FUL) | 37 Crofts End Sherington Newport Pagnell MK16 9ND

Please click on the link below to access the relevant documentation online, Please note that the deadline for public comment is 03/06/2021.

https://publicaccess2.milton-keynes.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?keyVal=QS9RVXKWKRZ00&activeTab=summary

The below link is a downloadable zip file of the documentation.

Documents(25 May 2021)  

 

25A5FBD21EB34F29BF50AFAFC0F09F8E 7B02E7C284814C4886C318678C9A295A 7B02E7C284814C4886C318678C9A295B 7B02E7C284814C4886C318678C9A295C 7B02E7C284814C4886C318678C9A295D 7B02E7C284814C4886C318678C9A2958 7B02E7C284814C4886C318678C9A2959 FB66C3AC2B124582A4239CC6AB7809CD

7B02E7C284814C4886C318678C9A295D

 

Sherington Art concept

[et_pb_section fb_built=”1″ admin_label=”section” _builder_version=”3.22″][et_pb_row admin_label=”row” _builder_version=”3.25″ background_size=”initial” background_position=”top_left” background_repeat=”repeat”][et_pb_column type=”4_4″ _builder_version=”3.25″ custom_padding=”|||” custom_padding__hover=”|||”][et_pb_text admin_label=”Text” _builder_version=”3.27.4″ background_size=”initial” background_position=”top_left” background_repeat=”repeat”]

Please click on the link below to access a first look presentation, put together by Village entrepreneurs Something Less Boring.

They are faced with the task of finding exciting ways of using S106 developer funds released from the Barwood homes estate; in a creative and sustainable way, within tight parameters.

This money cannot be used for anything other than Art in the traditional terms; sculptures and murals are allowed, but you cannot use it to build structures or for painting buildings.

Please do use this opportunity to feedback on the concept; They would love to hear and want to involve the whole village in this process. It is an art project within the community, for the community and the Parish council are looking forward to supporting Adam and Liddy to bring their ideas into fruition.

Sherington Art Project

Thoughts, ideas and support should be shared with Adam and Liddy Via email to:  info@somethinglessboring.co.uk

For more information on Something Less Boring please click here

[/et_pb_text][/et_pb_column][/et_pb_row][/et_pb_section][et_pb_section fb_built=”1″ fullwidth=”on” _builder_version=”4.9.4″ _module_preset=”default”][et_pb_fullwidth_image src=”http://www.sheringtonpc.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/Sherington-Art-Project-pdf.jpg” _builder_version=”4.9.4″ _module_preset=”default” title_text=”Sherington Art Project” hover_enabled=”0″ sticky_enabled=”0″][/et_pb_fullwidth_image][/et_pb_section]

Meeting cancellation – May 2021

Header

Notice is hereby given

Due to new guidance being issued we have taken the decision to cancel the May meeting.

As some of you may be aware, on the 28th April the High court ruled that In our view, once the Flexibility Regulations cease to apply, such meetings must take place at a single, specified geographical location; attending a meeting at such a location means physically going to it; and being “present” at such a meeting involves physical presence at that location.

Those regulations ended on the 7th of May making it illegal to hold meetings via zoom or other online platforms, so we took the decision to return to face-to-face meetings, feeling that we were taking the best course of action, to make our meetings as open and available to the public as possible, but also staying within covid secure guidelines.

Unfortunately, that meant that we were only able to safely accommodate a set number of members of the public (12) and we have received more notices of interest to attend than this number.

Guidance from the National association of local councils states that – If there is a large influx of the public for a meeting which exceeds the room’s safe capacity as stated on the agenda, then the permitted number of attendees should not be exceeded.

If the assessment is that the room cannot hold a safe meeting and no other venue is available or there is no outside space then, the local council will need to take appropriate mitigating actions including delaying meetings until after 21 June – NALC

Although we could say first come first admitted and only allow the first 12 to attend, we do not feel that would be a fair or democratic way to behave, we have looked into using other venues but we are not permitted to hold a meeting within a venue holding a liquor licence and the village hall is currently reserved for Pre-school only, to keep the staff and children as safe as possible.

We feel that we have no choice but to cancel this meeting, to keep members of the public and councillors safe, and to be open, fair and transparent at all times.

Considering this and changes coming into place on the 17th of May we are provisionally setting a new meeting date for TUESDAY 1st June, please note the change of day, this will continue going forward and is to accommodate the councillors’ other commitments.

Please do not hesitate to get in touch if you have any questions.

Kind regards

Mrs Lauren Scott

Assistant Clerk

Sad news

We were shocked and saddened to hear of the sudden passing, last week of stalwart villager David Williams,

David dedicated a huge amount of his time to village causes over the years and leaves behind a wonderful legacy in the work he put in to Gods acre, making it a beautiful place to while the time away.

He will be missed within the village and we send our heartfelt condolences to his wife Bess and all of his family.

Lauren Scott

On behalf of all members of the parish council.

Agenda – 12th May 2021

Header

May the 4th 2021

You are hereby summoned to attend a meeting of Sherington Parish council,

 which will take place on Wednesday 12th May 2021, From 19:30 at Sherington Pavilion,

AGENDA

  1. RECEIVE AND ACCEPT APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
  2. RECEIVE ANY DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
  3. APPROVE MINUTES FROM LAST MEETING
  4. RECEIVE PUBLIC COMMENTS
    • Update on Arts S106 project from Adam fielding.
  5. RECEIVE PCSO REPORT
  6. REVIEW ACTION LOG
  7. CLERKS REPORT
    • Website – Look at refreshing website, historical archives to be digitalised,
    • Play rangers return,
    • Pavilion alarm
  8. VILLAGE CARETAKER REPORT
  9. PROJECT GROUP UPDATES
    • PAVILION –
    • MUGA update, Doors update, windows
    • SHOP –
    • BarnCo update, S137 monies.
    • LANDSCAPING –
    • DRAINAGE –
    • HIGHWAYS – SIDS camera placement.
  10. FINANCE
    • REVIEW MONTHLY BALANCES
    • APPROVE INVOICES FOR PAYMENT
    • BUDGET
  11. PLANNING APPLICATIONS
    • Rendering at 6 Gun lane, letter to residents, Situation review.
    • ANY OTHER APPLICATIONS
  12. CONSIDER CORRESPONDENCE AND NEW CONSULTATIONS
  13. EXTERNAL MEETINGS
  14. COUNCILLORS ITEMS
  15. DATE OF NEXT MEETING

Please be aware that social distancing rules of 2m distance or 1m with masks will apply, please wear a mask until seated, hand sanitiser is provided and should be used frequently.

Please let us know via email by the 10th if you would like to attend so that we can plan seating accordingly as only people who have arranged with us in advance will be permitted to enter.

Yours sincerely

 

Mrs Lauren Scott, Assistant Clerk for Sherington Parish Council

Date change for May meeting

Header

Notice is hereby given

That the date of the next Parish council meeting has been pushed back from the 5th of May to the 12th of May 2021, this is to facilitate the recommencement of face-to-face meetings, to be held at the Pavilion.

We would ask that if you wish to join the meeting on the 12th May you let us know by the 10th  Via clerksheringtonpc@gmail.com so that we can safeguard our ability to stick to the covid safe guidance of 2m distance or 1m with safeguards in place i.e. Masks.

Hand sanitising facilities, a one-way system and effective sanitising are all in place and we would ask that masks be worn until you are seated, or if we need to drop down to 1m with safeguards then masks must be worn at all times.

An Agenda will follow in due course but please note that all documentation relating to the SubCo looking into the proposed White hart barn conversion is now available to view on this website under New shop.

Kind regards

Lauren Scott

Assistant Clerk

Sherington Parish council

Sherington Neighbourhood Plan and how this relates to support of a new shop.

Header

Update provided by Kevin Durkan

Leader of Parish Council Subgroup (Subco)- Shop

 

To Ian Hindler- Chair of Sherington Parish Council (SPC)

Ian

The purpose of this note is to update you in respect of the following;

  • Your verbal request to me regarding oversight of SPC direction as to the shop project.

You expressed a desire that I review the steps taken to date by SPC, as regards the Shop and in particular you asked that I rigorously tested the basis that the current direction of looking to develop the White Hart Barn was grounded on sound principles and was within the scope of SPC. You asked that I pay particular attention to the Sherington Neighbourhood Plan (SNP)

 

I understand your need to ensure that resources, both financially and in terms of man hours, are helping the SPC to deliver both strategic vision and value to the Village and its inhabitants. I believe that the most relevant document is the SNP as it has the triple stamp of approval from, the village residents, the SPC and Milton Keynes Council. My contention is that if the current plans either meet or enhance the goals set out in the SNP, then the SPC is acting in accordance with the three groups of interested parties. (Residents, SPC and MKC).

 

I carried out a detailed review of the SNP and some of the findings emphasise why any opportunity which arises to support the White Hart and a shop is absolutely in line with the SNP. I put the 2 (White Hart and a shop) in that order because that is exactly how the SNP regards them from a village perspective.

 

The relevant sections in the SNP are;

  1. Page 8. Sherington has been designated by MKC as an “Area of Attractive Landscape” (AAL) and the need is to “conserve the special character and appearance of the area”.

The White Hart is a listed building and thus contributes to the special character. The temporary village store clearly adds nothing on that score.

  1. Page 11. “Key features which residents would like to protect…. “The White Hart” (The shop is not mentioned). The White Hart is the only retail business specifically mentioned in the SNP.
  2. Page 16. The section refers to supporting local businesses and to positively encourage employment opportunities. It further states “…supporting the development of new premises and infrastructures that enables existing and new businesses to thrive”.  The White Hart currently employs several villagers and the opening of a shop in the overall premises would add to that number. The White Hart also uses mostly local workman for its maintenance work and thus contributes to the local economy.
  3. Page 27. 8.2 …… “Community facilities, both in private and public ownership, are very important to village life, fostering a sense of place, meeting local needs for education, shopping, socialising and worship. These facilities all contribute to the day-to-day activity within the village. The Parish Council will support existing facilities and encourage appropriate improvements that benefit of all users and residents of the parish”.
  4. Page 28 4   “St Laud’s Church, the school, village hall, pavilion and White Hart public house all play a vital role in underpinning the vibrant community of the village.” Interestingly no mention of the village shop. (It is clear from reading the various sections relating to village facilities which are valued by the community that the White Hart is an oft cited “treasure” whilst the “village shop” is a requirement rather than pertaining to any specific building.
  5. Page 28 6 “The village stores have been reopened and are presently housed within a temporary facility adjacent to the village hall. A unilateral undertaking has been given by the landowner of High Street housing site, covered by Policy NP7, to provide funding towards a new shop to serve the village on a permanent basis within the community hub”. My research into this clause has highlighted  2 main facts. Firstly, that the existing structure was always meant to be of a temporary nature and the current site was not the first choice for the site but was chosen for expeditious reasons (Source is the Chair of the SPC at the time the shop was opened). Secondly and perhaps of more importance is that the “unilateral undertaking”  was not realised. The main reason for this, as raised by a family source, was that the building proposed by Shopco did not meet the criteria of a permanent structure (substantial brick build) and was not what either the original SPC or the potential benefactor had in mind.
  6. Page 45. Policy NP9: Local Economy and Employment  This section includes the following,  “ In particular, the Neighbourhood Plan will support: • applications to change land use or use of buildings to accommodate existing businesses experiencing growth or displaced by development elsewhere in the parish; • proposals for developing new businesses or expanding existing businesses provided they are appropriate to their rural setting, reflect as appropriate the character of the village, and/or the countryside within the parish;” The White Hart clearly meets the criteria whilst the existing village stores does not.

 

I commenced this review with a mindset to thoroughly test the basis of the SPC support for the development of the barn at the White Hart in order to develop a village shop within the structure. My conclusions, based upon scrutiny of the SNP, talking to previous SPC members, reviewing the Shopco findings and talking to some of my fellow villagers are;

  • The SPC are acting totally in concert with many of the points raised in the SNP. The proposal for a conversion of the barn at the White Hart should be thoroughly supported by the SPC (but see my later point about transparency).
  • My fellow subco member, Alistair Meldrum , is focusing upon the requirements and restrictions relating to the general governance of the SPC and in particular with the relevance of Section 137 BUT I find that the SPC should look to utilise all legitimate means to use existing non-precept funds and any other potential sources such as S106 monies or Inward Investment funds to deliver on several of the SNP goals. I consider this proposal to be worthy of investment from the SPC without compunction.
  • The landowner who had offered a contribution is still willing to contribute, subject to the plan including a permanent (brick build) structure.
  • The plans involving the current shop in terms of further SPC commitment would still not deal with the dual issues of “Temporary” structure and would still involve the SPC in terms of management.
  • There is a “unique” opportunity to enhance both the White Hart and a shop within the village in one single course of action. My “proposal” for your consideration is that the SPC considers a variation of a well-favoured Government approach, namely a PFI (Private Finance Initiative). In this case the SPC can facilitate the use of funds to assist in the cost of converting a property (A listed building which would also be then preserved) for the purpose of delivering a purpose-built viable village shop whilst the Private contribution would be for the owner of the White Hart to agree a 3- or 5-year agreement whereby they would provide a fully managed shop with all the costs being borne by the owner.
  • I would strongly suggest that the SPC now focus upon supporting the White Hart owner to make the change and to liaise in ensuring that the shop offering meets the needs of the village residents as expressed in previous village surveys.

Transparency

Whilst I am convinced that the proposal to convert the barn at the White Hart into a shop would enhance the SNP in a way that would be difficult to emulate there is a question of total transparency and equal opportunity. In order to ascertain if there are any other interested parties, our subco has decided to advertise the “opportunity” and interested individuals can apply to offer the same managed service as outlined above. Our intention is to place a notice on the usual sites and then to allow 14 days for applications to be submitted. Subco will then review all applications against agreed criteria and submit our recommendations to the SPC.

I hope this meets with your approval.

Ian, I hope that this meets your expectations, and I would be happy to clarify any points.

 

Kevin Durkan

SPC Subco Leader

19th March 2021